Season 4 Finale "A Look Forward"

Start from the beginning

"I love you," Megan reminds. "But I really don't wanna face Blair's wrath today."

"You're right." Sam laughs to herself and gives Megan a nod. "Let's go."

Megan and Sam walk together, holding hands out of the dressing room and into the main venue, prepared to greet their guests. The space seems to be filling up quickly, and Sam spots Blair and Tony near the entrance, talking with Shawn and Casey. Ava had also found them and was teasing her cousin, Ben, who was sitting in Shawn's arms.

The two join their group of friends and family, Megan immediately going for Ben who recognizes her immediately.

"Glad you two could finally stop making out in the dressing room and join us," Blair says sarcastically.

"Ewww." Ava pretends to gag.

Sam laughs and hugs Ava's body to her own, where Ava giggles and struggles to get away from her. Then, in the midst of the teasing, Dane, J.C., and Andre walk through the entrance.

"Dane and J are here!" Ava exclaims before ditching Sam and heading over to greet them.

"Everything looks wonderful," Casey says as she admires the venue.

"It does," Shawn agrees. "I'm impressed."

Sam looks over to Megan who is watching Ava greet Dane and his family from afar. She has a big smile on her face that Sam finds contagious.

"Is your mom here yet?" Sam asks her wife.

"I don't think so," Megan answers.

"We should walk around and greet some of our other guests," Sam suggests.

They part with their good friends and walk around the venue, telling people hello and thanking them for coming. It's not a huge gathering, but it's big enough for it to feel like a true party, and eventually they run into Ethan and his current girlfriend.

"Where's Ashton?" Megan asks her coworker.

"She and Ava are around somewhere," Ethan laughs out a response. "I'm pretty sure Ava was waiting for us to walk through the door."

"No doubt," Sam answers.

They continue to greet and mingle with their guests, eventually finding J.C. and Dane for a nice moment. Considering the four got together quite often, whether it was for weekly dinners or babysitting, the conversation doesn't consist of overdo hellos, but rather joking about how the four of them were just together a few days ago.

"Um, Sam?" J.C. interrupts the conversation. "I think Blair is trying to get your attention."

Sam turns and sees her best friend frantically waving her over, which only means one thing. The main event was about to begin, and Sam and Megan's presence would be required. They part from their friends and walk hand-in-hand to where the audio and video are set up. Then, Sam grabs the mic to make a short announcement before they begin.

"Megan and I just want to thank everyone for sharing this day of celebration with us," Sam says. "It also means a lot that no one is holding a grudge for us deciding not to have a traditional wedding." The crowd laughs as Sam points to Megan's mother. "I'm talking to you, Ms. Beth."

Megan's mom just raises her glass of wine as the wave of laughter slowly dies.

"That being said, we do have a video of the ceremony, which we will play. Megan and I will exchange personal vows right after," Sam finishes.

The video begins and Sam reaches out and takes Megan's hand. Time seems to stand still for a moment when Megan's eyes meet Sam's, then they exchange smiles. Both can't quite believe it's already been a year since they became wives.