Season 4: Episode 16

| June 3rd | Monday Afternoon |

~ Sam's POV ~

As quick as June 3rd had approached, it also feels like a lifetime between the day I met Megan and the day I'll legally become her wife. I tighten the tie around my neck and straighten the collar of my button-down, giving myself a once-over in the mirror before Blair appears behind me.

"You and Megan matched your outfits perfectly," Blair swoons. "I'm so proud."

I laugh to myself. "You have little faith in me."

"Not true," she argues. "Are you ready? Megan's finished and waiting in the living room with everyone else."

I turn to face my best friend, who had flown in yesterday with Tony, and nod my head eagerly. Without anything else being said, we join everyone else in the living room where conversation of today fills the silence.

Everyone's eyes fall onto me, but I'm looking at Megan who wears a pretty, light blue dress with her hair in perfect curls. She looks even more excited than me, which says a lot because I am so excited for today. There are no nerves or cold feet. There's nothing but pure happiness.

"I can't believe we're doing this." Shawn says as he stands. "My little sister is getting married today."

"You four should get going," Tony suggests. "Casey and I will get everything set up here for after."

"Thank you," Megan says to Casey and Tony. "You two are the best."

"C'mon, I'll drive," Shawn says after kissing his wife goodbye.

"See you in bit," Blair bids Tony goodbye.

The four of us exit the house and climb into Shawn's vehicle, Megan and I taking our places in the back seat. Megan sits in the middle to make sure we're as close as possible and I find it endearing. After we click our seatbelts, her hand slips right into mine.

"We have all the documents, right?" Blair asks thoughtfully.

"Yep," I answer, flashing the paperwork that sits in my lap. "Stop worrying. You're making me anxious."

"I can't help it," Blair responds.

Megan laughs silently next to me before leaning into my shoulder and squeezing my hand. It's funny, really, how my best friend is so nervous about everything going right today that she actually seems more nervous than me and Megan combined. Everything will go perfectly. We've been preparing for this for awhile now.

Shawn pulls into the parking lot and we exit his car.

"Here we go, ladies," he says excitedly. "Megan, are you ready to be my sister-in-law and deal with Sam for the rest of your life?"

"I've been ready for a while, Shawn, you know that."

"Alright then." Shawn opens the door for us. "Let's get you two married."

~

"Dear friends... We meet here for the joyful purpose of joining in marriage; Samantha Marie Carson and Megan Jeanne Adams..." The officiant begins as I reach out for Megan's hand. "As you begin your journey through life together, may I offer you some very important virtues for your consideration...

Among these are love, loyalty, trust, respect, and most importantly understanding..."

Megan squeezes my hand and I hear Blair snap a picture behind us. Shawn stands off to the side to video the ceremony with a huge smile on his face, which manages to make me emotional, but I keep it together.