Welcome Home, Charlie [S1:E9]

|October 22 | Sunday Morning |

~ Megan's POV ~

I crept softly back into our bedroom and admired Sam from the doorway. Judging from how hard she had slept last night, I deemed our homecoming game a success. She seemed to have had a ton of fun. I was just hoping she didn't wake up with a raging hangover.

I placed two painkillers and a glass of water next to her head on the side table before stepping back and smiling to myself. Sam was always one-hundred miles-an-hour, so seeing her still with sleep was nice.

I allowed my fingertips to graze over her back that was exposed in a tank-top – my tank top – but she wore it better, anyway. Her scars gently pulled against my hand as I tried to remember the time when she would've never let me do this. When she wouldn't have let anyone do this.

She had really come a long way.

Then she stirred and turned to look up. Her deep blue eyes glowed and turned silver as the morning light danced in her irises. She smiled.

"Good morning," I whispered.

Her arm wrapped around my leg and pulled me to the bed. She scooted over and allowed me to join her back under the covers. I loved mornings like this.

"How are you feeling?" I wondered.

"Better than expected," she revealed.

My hands roamed under the front of her tank and pressed against the soft skin of her stomach. The coldness of my hands shocked her warm body as she flinched, but refused to move away. She never moved away.

"I didn't brush my teeth," she stated shyly.

"I don't care," I said before moving into her.

My lips met with hers but she wouldn't get into it. That was one of the weird quirks Sam had. She could never get past her own morning breath. I thought it was hilarious.

She pulled away. "Just gimme one second."

As she jumped out of bed I couldn't help but laugh at her. One of these days I would force her to stay in bed.

She was back in a flash, returning to our previous position. I wrapped one of my legs around her hip and pulled her closer to me. On mornings like this, we usually stayed in bed until lunch. That's if I didn't have any homework to do, which I fortunately did not.

My nose touched hers. "So did you have fun yesterday?"

"It was alright," she teased with a grin.

"Don't lie, you had a blast."

"Only because I was with you."

Once again, my hands roamed under her shirt. "You were out as soon as your head hit the pillow last night."

She smiled. "Were you disappointed?"

"Just a little bit," I whispered.

This time Sam took initiative to close the gap between our lips. The taste of mint touched my tongue as I felt one of her hands roam up my exposed leg. The warmth inside my chest spread through my veins, traveling and radiating from every pour of my body.

Usually we just made-out, but something was different this morning.

Sam rolled on top of me and wedged her hips between my legs. She gently rested her body against mine, as if the chill of October had made its way inside and my body was her source of heat. It was as if she couldn't get close enough.