Amazon's Panic! Campaign AU Chapter

Author's Note

In celebration of Amazon Prime Video's newest series Panic, I am thrilled to be teaming up with Amazon Prime Video and Wattpad to write this exclusive chapter that puts my characters from this story into the world of Panic!

I hope this chapter intrigues and inspires you to learn more about Panic. Visit the #PanicWritingContest on Wattpad for the chance to put your creative writing chops to the test and learn more about the show!

To find out more about the contest, prizes, and how to enter, check out the #PanicWritingContest here: wattpad.com/AmazonPrimeVideo

Don't forget to watch the series premiere on May 28th, only on Amazon Prime Video, here:

-----

*AU where Sam, Blair, Shawn and Megan live in the Universe of Panic*

In the tumbleweed town of Carp, Texas, there isn't much.

There isn't much to do, there isn't much money, there isn't much hope – or hope of escaping – for that matter, especially for Sam and Blair. Some say the town is cursed, but not by the supernatural forces you may or may not believe in. Instead, Carp, Texas is cursed by forgottenness. A tiny town of 12,000 people in the middle of nowhere, plagued with a widening wage gap, too many people and not enough jobs. One bad choice, one financial disaster, one accident, and the chance to escape crumbles.

"Like the town wants to trap people here," Blair likes to say.

Sam wasn't much a believer in supernatural forces or believed the town of Carp was cursed, per say, she just takes it for what it is. A suffering town in the middle-of-nowhere, Texas with victims who just happened to be some of the unluckiest people in the birth lottery.

"Maybe," is all Sam says in response, a half-smoked cigarette hanging from her lips.

It falls silent between the two friends. Blair picks at her fingers while staring up at the clouds, lying on her back across the rear of Sam's Camaro. Sam smokes slow in the parking lot of their high school. Technically, smoking on campus was forbidden, but technically, Sam didn't care. She didn't care if she got caught. She didn't care if she got her diploma held tomorrow as a result. She didn't care about much because there wasn't much to care about in the first place.

Not in the town of Carp, where she's convinced she'll spend the rest of her empty life.

"Graduation's tomorrow," Blair reminds, twisting her head to face Sam who's staring into nothing.

"Yep."

"Are we still doing this?"

This snaps Sam out of her head. Her eyes twitch with the realization that after tomorrow, there would be no rest for the weeks to come. When the judges flew the signal, and Panic commenced, she and Blair's deal would come to fruition. And as nervous as she is, especially after last year, there's no way she wasn't going to at least try.

"I don't think we have much of a choice." Sam lights another cigarette, flicking the old one to the ground. "I mean, we have a car. That's more than most. But that money, however much it is, that's our real ticket out of here."

"You know, I always thought that I would play in Panic once I graduated but, after last year..." A cryptic look falls onto Blair's face. "After Abby and Jimmy died..."

Blair can't find the will to finish her thought. She hadn't witnessed either death due to not having the guts to watch, but the stories and going to Abby's funeral had been enough to make her take a step back. She had known Abby, despite being a year behind her, and knows she should be here. They should both still be here.