[Dragon Verse Pt 1] Phoenix (2/3)

Summary: After getting into UA, Ryu's life just got considerably less boring.

××××××××××××××××ק×××××××××××××××××

Ryu couldn't have been more exited upon hearing he was accepted at UA's hero course. Truth be told, he'd ask his uncle Shoto to help him train his Quirk a couple of years back. That without his parents knowing, of course.

Ryu was fully aware of the fact that his parents would loose it if they found out he was secretly training with the purpose of entering UA. Ryu hated lying to his parents, even more so when the lie involved his uncle Shoto, but he supposed that as long as Hawks and Dabi didn't found out, it was okay.

Then the UA entrance exam finally came along, and Ryu finally told them he was trying for the hero course. They took it better that he had expected, and stopped trying to convince him otherwise upon noticing how convinced Ryu was.

The day of the UA entrance exam finally rolled around and went by in a blur, Ryu was so exited that he could barely he still the entire day. He passed the written exam with relative ease, he had always been good at school, even more so with his auntie Fuyumi around to help him out and explain to him stuff that he struggled with.

As years went by, the press finally stopped being all over him just because he was Hawks' son, and now it seemed they finally stopped paying such close attention to him. So Ryu felt a rush of relief wash over him upon noticing that only a few people seemed to recognize him at the exam. Initially, Ryu could barely go out without everyone turning to look at him, watching his every move.

Something in Ryu's favor was his last name, Takami. Hawks' real name had never been common knowledge, and since it was a big secret who his other dad was, they both had decided for Ryu to not be a Todoroki.

Besides, there were plenty of mutation quirks like his, he was sure he'd seen at least 3 other people that had wings with him at the entrance exam, even though apparently none of them ended up at the same arena as him.

The exam was easy, specially since Ryu could use his wings freely, so he had a small advantage since he could scan the terrain from the sky, landing near the robots and using one of his feathers as a sword, just like Hawks does, to gain points. I'm the process, Ryu also used some of his feathers, helping out some people that seemed to be in trouble. The exam was apparently about to end when they released the zero-pointer. Ryu gulped upon seeing it, the thing was really huge. He was about to turn around to gather a couple more points when suddenly he noticed the only person who was still in the way of the Zero-pointer, a guy who was apparently way to busy taking care of a 3 pointer to notice anything going on.

He looked around, only to find that the only scape route had been blocked by rubble cause accidentally by someone else's Quirk.

Ryu didn't even hesitated, flying down in his direction. They guy apparently saw him, and Ryu offered him his hands. They guy seemed to get the message, holding his arms up and holding tight onto Ryu once he passed flying over his head. Ryu wasn't used to fly with other people, and his wings still weren't as strong and resistant as Hawks', so he barely managed to avoid the rubble before dropping off the guy near the group, almost falling in the process too.

The other gave a sight of relief.

"Thanks for saving me"

Ryu gave him a friendly smile. The guy had brown hair and caleidoscopic eyes that seemed to change color constantly.