Chapter 3

Roseanne Park's Point Of View

Pranpriya, or rather, Lalisa held my hand delicately as her lips curled into a devilish smile, connecting her eyes to mine in such an intense way.

"Pleasure..." she said as she approached, depositing a quick kiss on my face, to then whisper "I feel until today when I remember it, too bad it's not in bed."

The woman backed away, still with her eyes fixed on me. I swallowed hard when I processed her words. I blinked more times than I should, feeling a sudden nervousness take over my body.

Had she really said that?

Pranpriya, I mean, Lalisa walked graciously to Mr. Griffin' side, who promptly rested his hand on her waist in a possessive act. The brunette smiled at him, and then laid eyes on me.

"What are they doing here, my love?"

"Commissioner Connor and Agent Park will oversee the financial turnover of our company."

"Is there a problem?" She asked worriedly. Griffin looked at her, and then smiled widely.

"Nothing you should worry about, honey." he said to then deposit a kiss on his wife's face.

"But I want to know." she insisted.

"Marcus thinks that we are being robbed."

Lalisa widened her eyes surprised, placing one of her hands on her chest.

"Oh, Robert! And you don't tell me anything?"

"Honey, I don't want to worry you! We have no proof, that's why they are here." the man said pointing at us.

I felt my body shiver when I felt Lalisa's thorough eyes on me. She took a deep breath and slowly walked to Griffin' desk, where she partially leaned against, crossing her arms under her breasts.

"So, Agent Park, you are the one who will investigate this situation?"

I kept a firm posture, I didn't want to look like an amateur in front of commissioner Connor. But it wasn't every day that you were chosen to solve a case where the victim's wife had had wild sex with you.

"Yes, Mrs. Griffin. I intend to give my best to this investigation."

"Your best?" her voice tone was suggestive.

"Yes, Mrs. Griffin."

"Something in me says that your best is very good." the Thai said with a smirk, and a devilish look. I swallowed hard, looking away from the woman, to quickly look at Robert, who looked at me naturally.

"I hope so, ma'am."

"I have to agree with Mrs. Griffin. Agent Park arrived recently, but I'm betting all my money on her." Connor spoke confidently.

Robert approached analyzing me from head to toe. His gaze was superior and evaluative, somewhat intimidating.

"You think a rookie can unravel this, Connor?"

I squinted my eyes towards him, feeling the pure nuisance of his words almost in a sarcastic tone. Griffin was a powerful, egocentric and purely arrogant man. That was noticeable in just a few minutes in his presence.

"I'm completely sure of that, Mr. Griffin." the man next to me said serenely.

"Well, good! I trust your work, Commissioner." Robert spoke as he extended his hand, which was immediately shook by Connor "I'll show you some sectors of Griffin Enterprise."

"That would be great!"

"Accompany me, Lalisa?" Robert asked his wife, who without disguising kept her eyes on me.