2013: Sunday, Part One

2013, DAY THREE
Sunday, August 18, 2013 9:25 AM

When Soobin wakes up, he realizes he has a massive headache.

And then he realizes that he's still in Taehyun's RV.

He's curled up in about five blankets, head squished between two pillows. The sun is shining in from a window somewhere unseen. It's warm here, under the sea of blankets. Soobin curls up a bit more, happy with his cocoon.

Last night trickles back to Soobin, slowly but surely. He smiles. I kissed him. And we ended up back here, and we kissed some more...He reaches over to the other side of the bed and notices it is empty.

"Taehyun?"

He sits up, finally noticing that he's not in the paint-covered shirt from last night, and in a pair of black sweatpants that he doesn't ever really remember putting on. He remembers coming back to the RV, but everything after that is a blur. Did he get drunk? No, he would know if he had something to drink. Soobin isn't that irresponsible. But he knows that he doesn't always remember what happens right before he falls asleep. Yeonjun has proven it before; they've been out at a club and Soobin won't have remembered the entire bus ride back to Baruch.

He curls back up in bed. Taehyun isn't here, at least not in this room right now. He's probably elsewhere in the RV. Soobin just needs to let his thoughts settle, stop being so scatterbrained, and then go find him.

And then Soobin remembers it's Sunday. He has to go back to New York City today. He groans into his pillow. This is gonna suck.

For a moment, he lets himself drift back to last night, trying to see what all he remembers. He recalls the color cannons and Polaris Rider and crowd surfing, and Taehyun's lips against his. They did come back to the RV, and he remembers being pushed up against the door, but nothing after that. Soobin realizes his skin has been cleared of the rest of the paint, and in the corner are two shirts, still doused in paint. Soobin picks his out by the fact that it's still mostly green, from the first cannon.

"Taehyun?" he calls out again, then, "Terry?"

He pulls himself out of bed, makes sure he's decent, then pushes aside the curtain. There's nobody in the living room, and he doesn't hear anybody in the bathroom. Taehyun has left. He considers texting him, but remembers that A: Soobin has no service here, and B: he still doesn't have Taehyun's phone number!

"This is the worst," he mutters as he walks back into the bedroom and collapses onto the bed again. He feels like drifting off until he hears the front door unlock, and then someone climbs up the stairs. Soobin throws off the covers and pushes the curtain aside, and there he is, trying to finagle two plates of scrambled eggs with one hand and closing the door with the other.

Taehyun catches Soobin's eye. He smiles at him. "I brought you breakfast."

Soobin takes both plates of eggs and puts them on the kitchen counter. Then, he cups Taehyun's cheeks with both hands and kisses him, sleepy lips against Taehyun's, eyes only barely closing. Taehyun is surprised by the sudden kiss, but kisses him back.

"You came back."

"Of course I did, this is my RV. Are you awake now?"

"Mmhmm." Soobin wraps his arms around Taehyun, leaning his head on top of Taehyun's. "You brought me eggs?"

"Yeah, I don't know if it's something you would like, but breakfast closes in a half hour, so it's this or more fair food."

"This is fine." Soobin pulls back enough to kiss Taehyun on the cheek. "Should we sit?"