2015: Sunday, Part Two

2015, DAY THREE
Sunday, August 16, 2015 9:46 PM

"Soobin? Are you still awake?"

Soobin turns toward the door to the spare bedroom. It's cracked, and his cute little boyfriend is peeking through, round eyes staring at him. Roger and Melinda have made it clear that Soobin and Taehyun are not to share a bedroom when they sleep at their house, but Taehyun doesn't seem to care right now.

"I am," he says, turning, staying in bed. "Aren't we gonna get in trouble?"

"I can't sleep," Taehyun says, closing the door behind him. "I slept too much at the hospital, and I think my sleep schedule's all out of whack. So I'm not sleepy right now. I just want to talk to you. I'm tired of looking at my phone, Soob. I'm bored."

And Soobin finds himself blushing. He's in a normal t-shirt and sweatpants to sleep, the same pair he brought to NeoNara in the first place. But Taehyun is apparently wearing clothing that he left at home, because he is in pajamas, dark blue with white accents. The arms are just a little too long, so his hands shift and disappear under the sleeves.

"Taehyun."

"Hmm?"

"Get over here. Now."

Taehyun doesn't know what to take of Soobin's boldness, but he lays down on the bed. Soobin grabs him, when he is within his grasp, and pulls him under the blankets and into his arms. Taehyun squeals in surprise as his head collides with Soobin's chest, overwhelmed with affection.

"What's that for?"

"I can't take it anymore! You're so adorable!"

Taehyun pauses. "I am taking these pajamas off," he says, matter-of-factly, and he starts unbuttoning the shirt.

"No, no, no," Soobin says, spooning Taehyun and pulling his hands away from his pajama shirt. "You have to leave it on. We promised each other no funny business here." He gulps. "Though if you want to bring these home with you..."

"Soobin, I didn't know pajamas were such a turn-on for you."

Soobin pushes Taehyun to the bed, hovering over him. "Perhaps they are. Should I do something about that?"

"No. We said no. So kiss me." And Soobin does. They haven't had much alone time since Taehyun had come home from the hospital. Taehyun had changed into fresh clothes and sat in the living room while his mother did everybody's laundry; she put aside Taehyun and Soobin's new paint cannon shirts for special care, and thankfully Taehyun's pink and orange first shirt was fine. The hospital hadn't thrown it out when they admitted him.

But everybody got to listen to Taehyun talk about his stay, how at first they had given him pain medication and hydrated him and he doesn't remember when, but he had passed out. Then he had woken up feeling relatively fine. "Like normal," he had said. "Like when this has happened before." It was then that they had done the hearing tests and referred him to a specialist.

Taehyun had cried, then, on the couch. "I don't want this to happen anymore." And before long, he had ended up in a cuddle puddle initiated by Kai. Taehyun had felt embarrassed at first, but he realized that was just how Kai showed affection, and Yeonjun and Soobin were also in for the ride.

David Huening had arrived at the Rhodes house shortly after that, and Melinda had whipped up a huge batch of spaghetti for the group. He had taken Kai and Yeonjun back to Valhalla after dinner, which left Soobin as the only guest. Soobin and Taehyun will go back to the city in a day or two, but for now, Taehyun needs to rest. Except he can't sleep, so instead, he is kissing Soobin. Which is a fair trade off.