The Most Beautiful View

Start from the beginning

Not just a cake. A birthday cake.

She didn't know what to say, or what to do. She looked back at him in shock, this was nowhere close to what she was expecting.

"Happy birthday," he smiled at her.

She couldn't help but smile back at him. "That's today?" she asked.

"Yep, April 6th," he confirmed.

"And you remembered?" she asked again. By now she could feel her smile get so big it almost hurt.

"Seems like it," he shrugged.

She laughed before throwing herself at him, grabbing his face with both her hands. She pulled him down and kissed him as passionately as she could, showing him what it meant to her. She hoped he got the message.

He quickly took the lead with the kiss as he pushed his tongue into her mouth and took his time exploring it. She loved the feeling of him invading all of her senses, everything she could feel had something to do with him.

After a minute or so, he pulled away.

They were both panting and with the golden glow of the setting sun on his face, she realized something. He was the most beautiful man she'd ever seen. If there were any flaws in his appearance, she couldn't see them.

He interrupted her musings with his voice, bringing her back to the present.

"You should probably blow out those candles before they melt your cake."

He was right, she thought as she looked at the cake. The time it took for him to ignite the candles, walk back to the house to get her, walk back here, and then make out for a minute was enough to almost entirely melt the candles.

She smiled at him before sitting down next to the cake, preparing to blow out all 20 candles at the same time.

"Don't forget to make a wish."

Right, you have to wish stuff.

For a moment she didn't know what to wish for. There were so many things going on in her life that she simply couldn't pick. But when she thought of a certain wish she knew it was the right one.

After inhaling deeply, she managed to blow out all the candles at once. She was surprised she had enough air left in her lungs after that intense makeout session because she was still slightly panting from it.

"Will you tell me what you wished for?" he asked.

He seemed genuinely curious about her wish, but they always say that when you tell your wish it won't come true. She didn't want to risk it.

"I'll tell you when it comes true," she smiled back at him. He seemed to be content with her answer and handed her the knife.

For a few minutes, they just ate in silence. Each in their thoughts while they looked at the beautiful view that got darker and darker the more the sun set. She sat with her back against his chest while one of his arms held her close to him.

Suddenly, a question popped into her head.

"Wait when is your birthday?"

He was quiet for a few seconds while he probably debated on whether or not he should tell her. There were certain things he refused to tell her, like his name, and she just hoped he could at least answer this.

"June 12th," he replied after a while.

"How old are you then?"

"25."

She didn't want to say he looked old, because he didn't. But he did look a lot more grown-up than a 25-year-old should. Maybe it was his eyes, which always looked as though he'd seen too much. Or the way he never really voiced his thoughts.