Scared

I hadn't moved from my spot, in fact I've never been so still. Because I was wedged between two boxes under the stairs, I was hard to notice but I had a clear view of the dining room. I had watched them flee and was about to look at what was left behind when he jumped down onto the table. My breath gets caught in my throat. He's right there, he's right there. Just go to him. No, he's concentrating. You're going to miss your chance. Why did I feel so guilty? This hole in my chest... It only got deeper when I looked at him... I start to slowly get up when Yuri comes storming past me and into the dinning room, stopping in front of Peter, "Well?" she asks, out of breath. Peter turns a paper toward her, "I was right, they're out for Kingpin... they most likely took their battle plan with them. This is all that was left."

"Damnit."

"I should have got here earlier."

"No... We could have been more subtle... Thanks for getting over here."

"Yeah... Of course..." Peter steps off the table.

I watch as the two exchange a few more words before Peter leaves out the window. Shit. I missed my chance. I wait in my spot a while longer before sneaking out the back. Once out, I sigh. He'll be back home... He has to be. I walk back home, my feet aching and begging for a rest. I open the apartment door and close it behind me, flipping off my shoes carelessly. I throw Peter and I's jackets on the couch and melt to the floor, laying there on the cold wood. I wish tonight went differently, but now everything was out in the open. That scared both of us... I know it did... I look at the time: 1AM. I push off the floor and lay on my knees, looking at Peter's room. I get up and go to his room, opening the window to the fire escape. I sit myself down on his bed and wait, wrapping his blankets around me but deal with the cold air coming in.

Please come home... I start to daze off, my mind taking me places I didn't want to go... I started to imagine my life without Peter and... That was a loneliness I never wanted to feel.

Waiting waiting waiting waiting

I hear the sound of the shot of Peter's webs and see him land on the fire escape. I unravel the blankets around me and he notices me. Climbing inside and pulling his mask off... He gripped it in his hand to ease the tension in his body. "Hey." He says, looking down.

"Hey..."

"... You're still here."

"You came back."

"Heh... Um, we can just forget about everything-"

"Nonono, Peter-"

"I'm sorry I messed things up again-"

"You didn't mess anything up-" I stand up and go to comfort him, but his shoulders tense-

"I did, I did, you don't have to lie-" he was looking at the ground, his eyes shut tight.

"Peter, please-"

He looks at me, "I can't help it MJ, I'm in love with you. And I know I know-I'm sor-"

I put my hands on Peter's cheeks, shutting my eyes and pressing my lips onto his. The cold air didn't matter anymore as the heat we created between us warmed the entire room. I could tell Peter was startled but he sunk into the kiss, deepening it. He backed himself into the wall, and put his hands on my cheeks as well. We pulled apart but kept the close space between us, I looked into his brown eyes in awe of the feeling that was running through my veins. Peter didn't take his eyes from mine, as if he'd look away and I'd be gone. A smile comes onto my face, "That was better than the first time."