9:50 PM

Gwen plays with my tux as I uncomfortably try to back up but the display of the tower sat behind me. "Gwen--Your drunk." I say, grabbing her hand as I try and pry it off gently. "Not that much." She slurred. "Please Gwen--" I struggle more to pry her off as her body draps against me. I finally get out of her grasp and move out from between her and the table, "Oh..." Gwen said, as she lazily looked at me. "I'm sorry Gwen I-"

         "You love her, don't you?" My eyes widen and my heart pounds.

         "W-what are you talking about??"  I stutter as she looks at me, never more serious. "For being as smart as you are, you are such an idiot."

         She sets her wine glass down and crosses her arms toward me, "Why did you come here?"

         "I-I wanted to see Harry and have a night out."

         "Bullshit. You forget, Peter. I know you... You wouldn't have gone to Flash's party if not for me. Now fill in the dots."

         "No..."

         Gwen raised her eyebrows.

         My body starts to feel really hot as I'm now uncomfortable in my own skin. I loosen my tie and take a breath, "Gwen... Could you... Please go."

        She pauses. The silence weighing down on us, she looks down, "Just admit it.'"

         "Admit what??? Gwen I don't--"

         "You love her."

          My expression softens as I look at Gwen, my body going limp. I'm completely numb as I stare at her. I took a breath to speak but let it out as I looked down.

         "Sorry, let me use a more digestible word: you have a crush on her."

         "Gwen... "

         "Well, what do you think?"

          I try to look for an answer, "We're just friends." I finally utter out.

         Gwen just looked at me before grabbing her wine glass and walking away.

          I'm left alone to pull myself together. I feel my phone vibrate and pull it out. Ned texted me that they were all in the game room. Gee, thanks, I know exactly where that is. I start walking around the upstairs, going room to room. Accidentally catching someone having sex in the guest room. I quickly shut the door and sigh heavily, "Jesus..." After a few more tries, I make it to the game room. I see Dani and Ned as I turn into the room; Ned waves at me and I smile at the comfort of familiar faces before my eyes look  past Ned.

           My smile disappears. The rest of the room tunes out as I stare at MJ laughing with... This blonde guy with a gold chain. What is happening? Is this room closing in???

          Peter.

          Who?? My breathing is heavy.

          Peter.

          Calm down, you're just friends--why are you---?

          "Peter!"

          The sound in the room resumes, I look down at Dani.

          "What did you take, man???"

          "N-nothing... Uh... excuse me."