Chapter 7

The little fox's words rushed out all together but he then slowed down,

"Hello My chosen, the gods sure were right. You are truly worthy of me!" The little fox pranced around me being cocky. "So what's my name? I mean I just can't be called fox that's boring!!! Come on, so what will it be eh?!"

I pondered I really didn't know what to call this little guy. But a sudden idea flashed like a spark from a newly born ember.

" How about Ivec? I like it and it suites you well."  I said with giddiness in my voice.

It happened! It finally happened!!! I was given a bestowed Companion: Ivec! I skipped around as Ivec sang in my head the same tune I was humming earlier. I stopped and asked Ivec where he had heard it.

"You stupid. I didn't want to leave the tree, but then I heard you humming that tune! Honestly, it's cheesy, but that's why I know that song Masiey."

I picked Ivec up and petted his head as I slipped on my boots and walked blindly towards the house. It was fully dark outside but I didn't care, Ivec kept me company. He told me of his conversation with the gods. He was just as scared as I was. He was paired with someone he didn't even know. But he explained that he didn't care because he was with someone he loved.