Chapter 3

Levie was already paired with a Bestowed companion, a hare: Gail. She was brown like Levi's hair and had a charming attitude, and beautiful eyes like Levie, a soft grey. Returning my gaze to Levie I found Levie in her blue gown and as she walked she seemed to float, she was just so graceful. Compared to me, Levie was a saint. I was clumsy, tripping over my own feet falling down the stairs, cursing when I was out of elder ears' reach, and I hated dresses unless they were made by my mother. A mess I was. But Levie looked past my flaws and became a true friend. We did many things together. Like sewing, cooking, playing in the woods, and hunting.

 She and I would often go hunting together catching wild duck and pheasant, against her father's order. But he didn't complain when we brought home dinner.

Gail grabbed my attention as she raced around my feet and begged to be picked up, she was also loveable like Levie too. As Gail nuzzled herself under my chin, I glanced out the window to see the sun was setting. I Should really head back to my house, my father would not appreciate me being late to a meal. I said my good-byes and headed off.

 As I walked home my gaze "caught" a sight of Baro. He hammered away at glowing sword tip. He looked up at me and smiled, waved, and continued his work as I passed out of sight. My, gods he made me blush! I guess it was those eyes of his. Continuing forward I reached my house. I opened the oak door and sauntered in.

 Inside my house, the smell of spices reached my nose and directed my body to taste the meal. Turns out I wasn't the only one with this idea. My mother desperately tried to fight of my brother and Father as they reached for a spoonful of stew. Calmly, I swooped in and stole a bite of a potato boiling in the stew. My mother (still fighting off my family) gave me the evil eye.

My brother's companion lay sleeping on my cot. Looking up, Sare yawned and purred. I plopped down next to her and nuzzled my face into her neck. She was warm and smelled like my brother: smoke and pine.

Eventually, my mother gave up her attempts to stop the two and let them pick out a small slice of a vegetable from her stew, swatting at their bums as they skipped away content on their treasure. Finally, we scooped up each a bowl and sat down to eat. That's when our conversations really start. Mom went first.

 "Masiey are you ready for your pairing? I know I was when I was your age. Oh my! My baby is going to be 18!!!"

My mother chatted away petting her companion: Pavel, a black mink with wise blue eyes, and the same responsible attributes my mother possessed. My father shot at me with questions like my mother's as his companion lay at the foot of the stairs. Haley was a blondish-brown grizzly with fierce green eyes. She was like a "third" parent if none were in the house. clearly, every trait she portrayed was exactly like my father.