Chapter 5

Dressed in his best Baro walked towards me, I realized that today was his 18th too. He sat next to me and looked at me with those startling blue eyes, I've grown to love. He whispered to me that I was looked beautiful, and tried to tell me that he was nervous too and that maybe we should try cloud gazing. He began to point in the air and pick out shaped clouds.

"Look over there Masiey! That cloud looks like a ship! oh wait that is one...."

 I looked over at the docks and giggled at his fake stupidity, and then focused my gaze at the sky looking for more. I saw a butterfly, a frog, and a shield. I was astounded at how fun this was!

Then our chatter hushed as Baro sighed. He pointed at a cloud shaped like a wolf pup.

"Oh! How amazing are those creatures! It looks like it's descending!" He said with no trace of boredom.

        Then he gasped as did I as we realized that the cloud was descending and it began to take color. Then it happed, it fell onto Baro. I laughed as the little pup wriggled off Baro and looked at him with a wagging tail.

"Odin sent me a wolf, as a Bestowed Companion! Thank you Odin!!!"

Baro howled his happiness, hugged me and raced towards the village. No sooner cheers filled the air like the spirit hall's bells in the evening. My happiness for Baro was real but I was still uneasy. It was almost dark out. Would I not receive a companion? I sighed and Stood up and brushed away my tears and walked into the woods the second place which made me feel whole, the pier being the first.