Freddy - Having your baby

(A/N) Are you ready for Freddy? I'm not sorry, I had to do it. I decided to leave the baby name blank because it means you can give the baby any name you'd like, although I'd still love to hear your name ideas. Thanks everyone who stuck with me during my hiatus, and to all my new readers. I never expected to get to 43K reads! I'm just glad I can make you all happy and keep you occupied during this difficult time, because we all need a distraction from the disaster that is reality. As usual, I don't own the characters or artwork, enjoy!

Here you were, past your due date and waiting at home for something, anything, to happen. Sure, your little boy had been active lately, but that was it aside from false contractions. The manager had been driving Freddy to your house every single night and picking him up in the morning so that you wouldn't be alone, and because he's somewhat demanded (in an older brother kind of way) that you take your maternity leave early. The manager also said that you were more than welcome to bring your baby with you once you came back, so long as he got to meet her. It was about the time that Freddy would get dropped off, when you felt a funny popping and then your pants were wet. It dawned on you that your water broke, and all you could think to do was panic. Scrambling for the phone, you dailed the managers number, begging him to pick up.

"Hello?" Oh thank god!

"My water just broke. I'm so sorry to have to ask you this favour, but can you please drive me to the hospital? I just need to grab a change of clothes and I'll be ready to go." You heard 2 loud gasps and the sound of the manager slamming on the gas pedal.

"We're coming Y/N!" He yelled, with Freddy screaming at him in the passengers seat.

"I know I'm already dead, but I'd rather not go through that a second time please!" You couldn't stop the giggle as you grabbed your hospital bag and stuffed a fresh set of clothes in it. He'd be here any minute, so you waited outside for them to pull up. As if on cue, the manager screeched into your driveway, panting heavily.

"Y/N, are you okay?" You laughed, waddling to the car.

"I'm fine, you didn't need to rush like that. It's not like I'm having the baby right now. It'll take longer than this. Now, I'm all buckled up back here if you want to go." Freddy unbuckled himself and climbed in the back with you, giving you a hug before buckling himself back in.

"You sure you're okay? I mean, maybe you should've called an ambulance instead." You shook your head, grabbing his hands.

"A, I'm perfectly fine. And B, an ambulance is expensive. I would've called my parents if something was wrong and I needed to go quick. How was your day?" You groaned as you felt a contraction, and Freddy understood that you were trying to distract yourself from the pain that you were feeling.

"Oh, the usual for the most part. Some kids tried to wander into pirates cove. Honestly, corporate needs to let us fix Foxy up already. He used to be really popular and he could be again if they just gave him a chance." You nodded, knowing what he meant. Corporate didn't want to fix him because it would be too expensive, but no one wanted Foxy to be trashed either because he was a friend to all of you. The rest of the 30 minute drive was spent chatting about anything you could in order to keep your mind occupied and off the fact that your contractions were getting worse, not to mention closer together. Once you got to the hospital, Freddy picked you up and tried to carry you inside bridal style, but you made him set you down before you got to the doors.

"You know, I'll never get over the fact that you can carry me so easily like that. But, I can still walk on my own you silly bear." A small smile was on your face before you groaned in pain again.

"Are you sure?  I don't mind helping you inside." You shook your head, a look of determination on your face.

"I've got this. And once I get up to the counter and check in, I should be able to rest for a bit." Ignoring all of the funny looks Freddy was getting, you checked in and waited to be able I go to a hospital room. While waiting, you called your parents so that they knew what was going on and so that they didn't worry as much if they didn't hear from you for a little while. As time went on, the contractions were getting worse and worse, not to mention closer together, and suddenly you felt the need to push.

*time skip to just after the baby is born*

A few hours later your baby boy was finally born and you were exhausted beyond belief. Panting, you looked up at the doctors.

"Please, let me hold my baby." All of the medical professionals in the room were staring at your son, then looking up at you. The nurse holding him almost looked ready to run out of the room with him, and you were scared. Freddy looked over at the doctor.

"Ma'am, please give us our son." There was a dark tone in his voice as the doctor took your baby from the nurse and slowly handed him to Freddy with shaking hands.

"W-we thought that it was a costume or something, what you're wearing... this... thing... isn't human." Freddy growled at your son being called a thing and you almost got out of bed, but a gentle hand on yours made you realize that it wouldn't be necessary.

"You people... are calling my newborn baby boy... a THING?!" The noise that came from Freddy's mouth was an odd mix of almost animalistic and mechanical, his eyes darkening until they were simply black with white spots. He was pissed as he handed your son to you and took a step forward towards the doctor and nurses.

"I suggest you all keep quiet about him, if you know what's good for you. No medical journals, no tests, no news. Do I make myself clear on this?" And just like that, you remembered that Freddy is a vengeful spirit and that he has killed someone before. But you couldn't bring yourself to he scared of him, after all, he was only protecting your son from unfair scrutiny. With shaky and terrified nods from everyone in the room, he calmed down and went back to your side, taking a good look at the baby that was now resting on your chest. He had tiny little brown ears and a matching tail that looked to cute for words, and as he looked at the world around him, you were able to see his eyes. One was bright okie like Freddy's, the other matched your eyes. You could see a small amount of (h/c) hair on his head and you smiled, he was perfect. Freddy reached over and grabbed a blanket so you could wrap your little boy up.

"So, which one of the names did we decide on again?" You haven't Freddy an exasperated look and shook your head. Of course he'd forget in all the excitement.

"It was (B/N), remember? Our little (B/N)." And without even thinking, you started to sin a lullaby that had been stuck in your head.

(Lora Lie Lo by Patty Gurdy)

Once you were done, (B/N) had fallen asleep and a small smile spread across your face. You looked up at Freddy and saw that he was wearing the same expression. Before you could say anything though, there was a small knock on the door.

"Is everything alright?" It was your parents, and you could see the manager hiding a little behind them.

"Yeah, come on in everyone. And yes, that includes you too (managers name). You're basically gonna be one of his uncles, so you should meet him." The managers face lit up like nothing you'd ever seen as all 3 of them came into the room. Yeah, things went almost perfectly, and you knew your little boy was going to have more love in his life then he knew what to do with.