15:00

Patience is defined as the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.

Being patient is a good trait to have, it gets you through hardships and it can help you understand others on a deeper level. Admittedly if you're not naturally a calm and understanding person it can be extremely hard to be patient in some situations.

Wonwoo likes to believe he's extremely patient, to the point that he lets people step on him.

He's not sure if he's always been like that, had the ability to just stop his own constantly blaring thoughts and instead focus on whoever in standing before him bawling out their problems. Granted that's not many people, he doesn't talk to others often.

As a kid he was the polite and quiet child, he listened to the adults and made sure the other tikes in school didn't trip and bust out their baby teeth. He'd maintained that same mentality growing up, though it became less of a care and more of a defense mechanism.

But, something that never changed was his incredible ability to be patient.

Naturally he's an understanding person, he's probably a bit too mature for his age and too cynical about life than he should be but it's never lead him astray.

At least, not until recently.

Wonwoo has been through a lot, and continues to deal with current drama and past trauma, but he can never find it in himself to be selfish or cruel. The world is cruel enough and he can't imagine adding to the endless routes of pain that can hook into people's skin.

After he'd grown up a bit more from his blind childhood veil he'd realized just how cruel the world was, he'd became so quiet and reserved but never cold.

Still, he'd found it hard to accept people into his life, and very few made it into his life to stay.

Junhui had been there since he could remember, ever since the others family had moved in up the road when they were younger. It had been them for years, just them.

Jun had been with him through everything, stood by him when they broke something around the house, helped him up when he'd fallen and scrapped his knee, even held him during late night yells and cries from the adults meant to protect them. Jun was the first person he'd ran to for everything, even the times that should have been kept secret.

When they entered high school nothing had changed, they stuck together like glue and always went back to each other in tough times.

Jun was always more social compared to Wonwoo, the other had a charm to him that drew people in. That didn't mean that Jun trusted easily, after all, personality and homelives didn't go hand in hand like they did in the movies.

While Wonwoo was busy blocking out his reality with numb fingers and burning throats, Jun had made a friend, Minghao. Wonwoo is not dumb, he's quiet and analytical but not dumb.

Jun and Minghao had been friends for quiet a while before Wonwoo had met the younger. It was easy to see how much Jun cared for his friend and just how important he was.

He and Minghao got along smoothly, they were oddly similar but not at the same time. Minghao was quiet but snarky while Wonwoo was quiet but sneaky.

The only problem to ever come from Minghao was someone who tagged along behind him like a puppy.

Mingyu.

With Mingyu comes an emotional rollercoaster that is something Wonwoo had never expected to happen in the way it did.

He'd deny it until the end, but Wonwoo always seemed to draw in the damaged people. He's not sure why, or how, but it is a constant thing he's noticed. They say that misery loves company but he doesn't find happiness in others pain.

But, Mingyu interested him. Intrigued him.

Every school and town has their cliches, that's why they're called cliches in the first place, so finding the troubled rich boy wouldn't surprise most. But there was something, something in the way he talked, the way he acted, the way he moved, that drew his attention right back.

Wonwoo had never planned on speaking to Mingyu, he was content with curious glances and stories told by Jun and Minghao. He was fine with no contact, after all he didn't need to bring anyone solid into his life, however nothing goes right in his life so of course they start talking.

Admittedly Wonwoo was pleasantly grateful for starting to develop a friendship with Mingyu, he realized very early on that maybe he needed a new friend, someone who didn't know his sins and tragedies to pity or coddle him. Mingyu was as close to a clean slate as he'd ever get.

Of course, that bit him in the ass.

Wonwoo might come off as so many things, maybe even uncaring and emotionless to some, but he does have a heart. It's a bit chilled and slow, but it's there in his chest, pumping blood and twisting in pain when he's hurt. He feels things, he likes things, has joy, can adore and want.

The problem with that is that Wonwoo let down the guard around that fragile heart and in the end it got cracked. He got too close too fast and he couldn't protect the glass from the bricks thrown.

Another problem is that Wonwoo can't decide if he can blame Mingyu or not, if he didn't deserve the words spat and the trust crushed.

He's a patient person, a very forgiving person, but even he doesn't know it's that's good.

He cares for Mingyu, it's a fact that's transparent to anyone who knows him well enough, but he doesn't know how to feel anymore. Betrayed and hurt.

There's a saying, one his grandmother used a lot when she took Wonwoo and Kai in. It hadn't been long ago now, but he still remembers her calming him down after the move or consoling him in bad times.

고생 끝에 낙이 온다 Or just; At the end of hardships, comes happiness

It seemed fitting for his life, though he'd yet to see any real happiness once the hardships had cooled. Though, he thinks it fits well for the current Mingyu predicament.

For once, in a very long time, Wonwoo wants to have something good, something that won't make him want to erase his existence. He think this could work, he hopes this will work.

Wonwoo just wants to be happy, even if it hurts him in the end.