00:08

[tw: underage parties + talk of date r*pe]

High School is a time in everyone's life that their adult counterparts will always say one of two things about. One, that it
was the best time of their lives, or Two, that they hated every single second of it.

Currently, Mingyu can think of about twelve the quiet kid memes to sum up his own experience.

But he'll admit that the anticipation of a party sweetens up the deal a little bit.

Now, Mingyu isn't exactly a party animal. He's selective of the ones he attends, always based off of who exactly is throwing the party and whether or not the cops will get called within ten minutes.

He's the type of teenager at parties that likes to get high and just drunk enough to enjoy the shit storm that unfolds in front of him and occasionally hook up with the more sober party go-ers.

So when Minghao brought up that there's a party being thrown by a graduate named Seungcheol he doesn't turn down the want to go.

Seungcheol is best known for his parties, even after he graduated he'd still throw them and still allowed the high schoolers to join. He was a laid back guy, and while Mingyu had only met him a few times he seemed like a decent guy.

Wonwoo had apparently dated him, but that doesn't reflect onto them in a very good light regardless of which side you took.

As Mingyu changes his clothes he wonders if Wonwoo will show up too.

After the previous Saturday fiasco they hadn't spoke much, the occasional text that never really went anywhere conversation wise and a wave or two in passing at school.

Their relationship felt weird, unknown and confusing to him. It didn't feel normal, like new friends or even crushes. It felt like two people who didn't actually know who to start a relationship at all, dancing around each other with awkward talks and coincidental meet ups.

It sucked, Mingyu wanted to be the others friend, or something at least. But that's also the thing, did Mingyu want to be his friend or did he want to date him? He wasn't sure, sure Wonwoo was pretty but Mingyu had never been in a real relationship and Wonwoo didn't seem like he could be in one.

It felt weird and uncomfortable for Mingyu to think of Wonwoo like that, but it also felt weird want to call him just a friend. It was hard to explain, it didn't make sense to even him.

Mingyu liked Wonwoo, but whether it was strictly platonic or romantic he couldn't pin point.

Plus Wonwoo was a mystery in itself.

Because even now, almost a month into knowing and speaking to the older, Mingyu knew almost nothing about him. Even rumors did nothing to help form a solid idea of just who the other was.

Maybe that's what drew Mingyu in so bad, the thought of not knowing and not being able to automatically label caused him to want to understand even more. Humans didn't like the unknown, if they didn't understand stand something they feared it. It's why some people fear darkness or space, you don't know what's out there.

Wonwoo was a lot like Space, Mingyu realizes. Beautiful to look at but mysterious and a bit lonely.

He sighs, tugging a plain black shirt over his head while stepping over to his bed to grab his phone. The screens notification light blinking at him.

He unlocks his phone and checks the new messages in Minghao's and his thread, grinning a bit. It's only Minghao asking about what to wear, which is dumb considering that Minghao has always had a much better sense of fashion compared to Mingyu.