00:13

Human emotions are hard to describe, they're feelings over all and there is no real word in any language to accurately express them all.

If you asked Mingyu what he felt in that moment. If he could even get past the drunken daze that had set into his head, he'd probably tell you that he felt happy.

He felt what, logically, he knew was just the endorphins that the surrounding party beats and voices caused. His head was fine, hazy but buzzing with adrenaline as the people around him laughed and danced along with the heavy bass of the music that in any other circumstance he'd hate. In that moment though, he felt free and happy.

There was no parents, no school, no drama besides the bickering girls who took too many bottles of Mike's Hard Lemonade. To Mingyu, Wonwoo, Minghao, and Jun didn't exist.

What existed in that moment was only the sharp taste of Vodka that warmed his stomach and the dubstep beat that Seungcheol chose to play that night.

Today he's not Mingyu the sober boy who kills everything he touches, no today he's Mingyu, drunk off of his ass and not even ignoring the not so subtle looks the girl on the other side of the room is sending him. 

In the back of his head he can hear a voice, one that annoyingly sounds like Minghao's lightly accented lectures, telling him that he's going to regret everything that night. But he shakes it off and takes another gulp from the cup in his hand, it's his sixth cup of straight Gray Goose since he'd arrived if you wanted to know.

He doesn't dance, he's not that drunk yet, but he does bob his head to the beat.

Parties were weird, and no matter how many he goes to hell never fully understand what the appeal is.

Drinking, while not something he'd do daily, is fun in a way that is as hard to describe as emotions. The music is okay, mostly top 40s mainstream tunes that get overplayed to the point that you hate that you know the words in full. There's always a fight at some point, two drunken jocks or two knockoff valley girls are bound to entertain the crowd with hard punches and slaps.

There's hook ups and pot circles, but Mingyu had never really found that all to fun.

Mingyu wasn't a party animal, and if he's being honest he thinks that he only indulges himself to go with the flow and conform to the mass.

It's a fun change of pace, he can't use the word distraction anymore.

When Mingyu was in his freshman year he'd gone to his first high school party, it was in a town over and he'd been persuaded to go via Minghao's dumb puppy eyes.

It had been standard, awkward fumbling around because they didn't know what to do or where to go, too much alcohol, and having to rely on Jun to pick them up even though he'd only had his permit for a week prior.

After that the two, sometimes three — if Jun tagged along, of them would go to some of the smaller more contained parties that would allow them. Of course by then Mingyu had starting gaining popularity for his looks and attitude so they were asked to come a lot more by the time they'd hit their sophomore year.

It was weird to go to a party by himself now, before he'd always tag with Minghao but today Minghao still wasn't talking to him outside of class so he'd went on his own.

By himself now, he feels himself leaning too far to one side. He bumps shoulders with someone, he doesn't recognize the guy but he grimaces when the guy steadies him with wide eyes.

Mingyu nods his head in the guys direction, almost immediately regretting it as his head swims at the sudden movement. He mumbles an apology and stumbles away.