I shook my head, closing the door and turning to him.

He set the box down on the ground, taking a deep breath and smiling widely.

"What'd you bring us?" Tiffany questioned, eyeing the box suspiciously.

He ran his hand through his hair, looking down at the box.

"You have dog fur all over you." I used my hand to dust off the white fur from his shirt.

"You ready?" He excitedly asked us, sitting on the ground in front of the cardboard box.

What was I supposed to expect? It could quite literally be anything. Audrey and Tiffany watched intently as he cut the tape on the box.

Audrina continued eating, her eyes focused on the box. I could tell Tiffany was skeptical, staring with narrowed eyes.

"Okay. Come here." He gestured with his hand for me to sit next to him. The box was now open, but the flaps were closed, his hand keeping it closed.

"This better not be a prank or anything." I joked, sitting comfortably beside him. I eagerly looked at his hands as he pulled the flaps open.

Once he opened it, we all gasped, staring at a small black puppy inside the box.

"You're kidding." Tiffany scoffed, getting up and kneeling down next to me.

The small dog yelped, scratching the sides of the box to get out.

"Noah what the fuck!" I clasped my hand over my mouth, staring as he picked the dog up.

It looked like a German Shepard but it was completely black, it's eyes were a hazel color.

"A dog had some puppies and they didn't have enough space for all of them." He set the dog down on the wooden floor, it's paws patted across the living room.

"You kept a puppy in a dark box all day?" Audrina pet it as it approached her.

"No I only did that so it would be a surprise." He rubbed the able of his neck, looking at me.

"What do you wanna name it?" I asked Noah.

"Him." Audrina picked up the dog, examining it thoroughly.

"I thought we would figure it out together." He shrugged.

I squealed happily, crawling to Noah and giving him a great hug. He laughed , hugging me tightly.

"I thought having a dog would be the closest thing to having a kid. I know you like that stuff." He said in my ear, making my eyes tear up.

He knew how much I loved children. He always said he didn't want any. Was I changing his mind? Was this his way of telling me he was willing to have kids in the future?

I made my mind shut up, now isn't the time for over thinking. I wiped my eyes, finally pulling away from the hug.

"Thank you so much. You're amazing." I gently pressed my lips into his, my arms still wrapped around his body.

"Fuck! No!" Audrina and Tiffany shouted out loud.

We both pulled away to see the dog squatting down and defecating in the middle of our white carpet.  I laughed out loud, watching it sniff it and walk away, approaching Noah and I.

"Damn dog." Tiffany sighed, getting up to get paper towels.

"What are you guys naming him?" Audrina asked, ignoring the pile of shit and looking at Noah and I.

Noah looked at me for an answer.

"Tank? That would be funny." I suggested, watching the black puppy wander around.