clueless.

"What do you think?" I walked out of my room and approached Tiffany and Audrina sitting on the couch.

"Its very... modest." Tiffany scrunched up her face, resting her finger in her chin.

"Dad is gonna love it! Try something else." Audrina sarcastically patted my back. They were right though, this dress was the only one that my parents would call 'acceptable'.

A maroon below-the-knee long sleeve dress. The only reason I had it was for when I went to church occasionally.

"Well, it's all I got." I crossed my arms and frowned.

"I have a gold one that has sparkles on it." Tiffany offered, going to her room and taking a short, golden dress out.

It was flowy, a couple inches above my knee. It was tight at the top, flowing off the shoulder comfortably. It was glittery, but not in an itchy way.

"It looks great!" I said, admiring myself in the mirror after I put it on. I strapped on my heels and did my makeup, eyeliner and mascara.

I put my hair in a half up half down style, pulling the front pieces out and curling them.

"I'm almost jealous of Noah, you look so pretty!" Tiffany said, looking up at me from the couch.

Considering the recent events, I found that statement strange but it was a nice compliment.

There was a hard knock on the door, Audrina went to go open it, smiling widely as she did. "Speak of the devil."

Noah walked in, greeting Audrina. He really cleaned up well. He was wearing a black button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, exposing his forearm.

His hair was styled elegantly with gel, but I noticed an escaped strand on his forehead.

"You look gorgeous." He walked up to me and gave me a hug, something I had gotten used to. He always hugged me when he saw me for the first time.

"You look great, they're gonna love you." I said, patting his shoulders and smiling.

I looked down and noticed he was holding a bouquet of flowers. My heart warmed up as I reached for them.

"Noah! You shouldn't have." I frowned confusingly as he snatched them away from me, laughing.

"I didn't, these are for your mother." He smugly said, making my jaw drop.

"Oh okay, didn't know you already had a date." I smiled. The gesture was sweet. My mom would definitely want me to marry him the spot.

"Alright, have fun you two. Come home before 12 and don't drink and drive." Tiffany bid us goodbye and pushed us out the door, waving goodbye as I stepped into Noah's car.

"You nervous?" I asked Noah as he started the car.

"No, are you?" He smiled, resting his hand on my thigh as he drove with the other one.

"I like this." He said, feeling the soft material of the dress.

"It's Tiffany's." I gulped as his hand traveled up my thigh slowly.

Fortunately, he never actually went up too high. I was getting nervous for a second.

*

"Oh my God Melon!" My mother stood  up from the booth and gave me a big hug, her bracelets jingling as she lifted her arms.

"Hey mom!" I kissed her cheeks and turned to my father.

"Hey dad!" I bent down to give him a hug.