shower.

"Ugh." I let myself fall back into the car seat when we got to a safe place. I took off the helmet Natalie let me borrow; the one that made her Athena.

Noah groaned, taking off his helmet and running his gloved hand through his sweaty hair.

We had been out all day, another protest turned violent by the cops. Recently, people were going out again, trying to be peaceful but to no avail.

Baby hairs stuck to my forehead, it was so hot under this armor, not to mention it was so heavy. I felt like badass though, nobody knew who me or Noah were, and that was so exciting. We could do whatever we want and not get caught.

"Here." Noah tossed me an iced water bottle, which I quickly drank and rubbed the cold bottle all over my forehead.

We sat there for a bit, collecting our breath in the car in the middle of a walmart parking lot.

"You were great. Seriously." Noah smiled down at me, making me blush and look away.

"Thanks." I said, leaning my face into the blasting a.c. It was cool, I felt the perspiration on my face start to fade away.

After a while, Noah began to drive, going the familiar road to my house. I furrowed my brows.

"Can we go to your apartment? It's so much better there!" I asked, grabbing his free hand and pulling off the glove and holding his hand.

"You sure? Tiffany isn't expecting us?" He chuckled, his fingers weaving into mine.

"She probably doesn't even know we're gone, she's with Natalie." I huffed, remembering last week, when I helped Tiffany pick an outfit on their first date.

I picked out a simple flower dress, it was so flowy and cute. I also did her makeup, nothing too extreme. Afterwards, she looked amazing.

They had a great time, and went on dates almost three times a week. I would say they're definitely in love.

Love. That word hang around in my head. What did love feel like? I guess I wouldn't really know. I looked up at Noah, feeling a giggle in my throat when he caught me and smirked down at me. Oh boy.

"Alright then, we'll go." He squeezed my hand, changing his route.

He didn't live too far from Tiffany and I, in fact, he lived in a very nice part of town. Probably why I absolutely loved his place.

We walked in, feeling the refreshing air immediately hit our faces. Noah's apartment was everything to me. It was so modern, but also so cozy and homey.
If his apartment were a flavor, it would be spearmint for sure.

The furniture was sleek and black, white accents giving it life. He didn't own many things, which made it clean and very open. I wondered how much an apartment like this cost. Probably a lot, but I knew what Noah's parents did, and it made sense.

He had told me before his father was a real estate agent, and soon Noah would work with him. Noah didn't really want to but he said he didn't have a choice. I had frowned when he told me this a long time ago.

It didn't bother him too much though, it was still long before he absolutely had to leave. Either way, he made his own money and really didn't need his father's. He wasn't complaining though; I certainly wasn't.

"Can I shower? I feel gross." I asked, taking my hair out of its ponytail.

"Yeah go ahead, everything you need is inside." He stood up and walked into his room, walking out with a black t shirt. He handed it to me.

"I don't really have anything for you to wear under." He rubbed the nape of his neck, looking down at me.

"No worries, this should cover me up just fine." I winked up at him, watching his mouth curve into a smile. I laughed and walked into the restroom, looking at the huge mirror as soon as I entered.