We Got Hit By a Waterfall, Met a Talking Lion, and Killed a Wolf to Save Edmund

Start from the beginning

We approached a larger, more elaborate tent on a ledge. A centaur was standing in front of us. Peter and I drew our swords, raising them.

"We have come to see Aslan." I said authoritatively. The crowd started to whisper among themselves.

"Did I say something wrong?" I asked Peter. He shrugged. The centaur turned toward the tent and we followed his gaze. The crowd kneeled toward the tent. I turned back to look at the tent and a massive golden paw stepped out, revealing a magnificent lion. The same one enscripted on my sword handles.

Aslan...

I kneeled down, laying my swords down in front of me.

"Welcome Logan, Daughter of Eve, heart like the blazing sun." The lion spoke, his voice dripping with kindness.

"Welcome Peter, Son of Adam. Welcome Susan and Lucy, Daughters of Eve. And welcome to you, Beavers," he said, gesturing to the beaver couple.

"You have my thanks. But where is the fifth?"

I stood up, internally cursing Edmund.

"That's why we're here sir," Peter said. He sheathed his sword and I copied.

"We need your help," I murmured. Susan sighed.

"We had a little trouble along the way. Our brother's been captured by the White Witch."

"Captured?" Aslan asked.

"How could this happen?"

I looked down at my feet.

"He betrayed us, Your Majesty," I said. The crowd started talking amongst themselves. The centaur stomped his hoof.

"Then he has betrayed us all!"

"Peace, Oreius," Aslan said soothingly.

"I'm sure there's an explanation."

Peter looked down.

"It's my fault really. I was too hard on him."

I put my hand on his shoulder.

"We all were."

"Sir, he's our brother," Lucy said sadly.

"I know, dear one, but that only makes the betrayal all the worse. This may be harder than you think.

Aslan dismissed everyone and Susan and Lucy had gone somewhere else, but I had followed Peter to an edge of a cliff where we looked at a large palace in the distance.

"That is Cair Paravel, the castle of five thrones," Aslan said, walking up next to us.

"And two of those seats are yours, You as High King," he said, gesturing to Peter.

"And you as the Great General."

Peter and I looked at each other.

"You doubt the prophecy?" Aslan asked us.

"No, that's just it," I said.

"Aslan, we... I'm not what you think I am." I murmured.

"Peter Pevensie, formerly of Finchley and Logan, formerly of California. I will not say your last name out of respect of your choice," Aslan said. I looked up, surprised.

"Beaver also mentioned that you planned on turning him into a hat and giving it to Lucy as a gift," Aslan chuckled. I smiled.

"Peter, Logan, there is a Deep Magic, more powerful than any of us that rules over all of Narnia. It defines right from wrong, and governs all of our destinies," Aslan murmured.

"Yours, and mine."

"But I couldn't even protect my own family," Peter argued.

"You have brought them safely this far." Aslan consoled. Peter sighed.

"Not all of them."

"Peter, I will do what I can to help your brother," Aslan said.

"But I need you to consider what I ask of you."

We looked down over all of the tents. The setting sun made the scene look even more beautiful.

"I too want my family safe."

A horn blew, making me jump.

Susan's horn

"Susan!" Peter and I said simultaneously. I unsheathed my swords and ran after Peter. We found the wolves snapping at Susan's toes. They were in a tree.

"Get back you piece of shit!" I yelled, holding out my swords.

"Logan! Peter!" Lucy cried.

"Come on," The wolf snarled at Peter.

"We've been through this before. We both know you haven't got it in you."
"If he doesn't, I'll kill you," I said, glaring. But my shaky hands must have given my true feelings away because the wolf laughed.

"Logan! Behind you!" Susan yelled. I whipped around and saw that the wolves were circling us. My hands were shaking so bad, I could barely hold my sword.

ROOOAR

Aslan jumped out, pinning the wolf in front of me. Oreius the centaur and reinforcements, not far behind. I quickly ran next to Aslan. Oreius started to charge forward, but Aslan stopped him.

"No! Stay your weapons. This is Peter's battle."

"But sir," I started to say, my voice wobbly.

"Hush, brave one. You've done enough today."

I turned my attention back onto the wolf.

"You may think you're a king, but you're going to die like a dog!"

I screamed as the wolf launched itself toward Peter.

"PETER!" Susan and Lucy yelled, jumping out of the tree to check on him. I collapsed to the ground in shock. The wolf was laying on top of Peter. Susan quickly pushed the wolf away and Peter sat up panting. I ran up to him and tackled him with a hug, Lucy and Susan copying me. Aslan released the pinned wolf who squealed and ran away.

"After him," Aslan said.

"He'll lead you to Edmund."

I stood up quickly.

"Sir, do you think I could go with them?"

Aslan nodded and I ran off with the centaurs, satyrs, and animals.