"Take off your jacket." Niklaus says.

Still sitting, I slowly unbutton my jacket and feel it slide it off my shoulders and slither to the floor. I wait silently in my black tank top and jeans when I hear something drop on the floor and I look behind me to see Niklaus's dark grey trench coat lying in a crushed puddle beside mine. I look ahead again and I sense him straddling the bench... then his hands are on my skin, my arms and shoulders. I close my eyes and a small shiver goes down my spine as I feel his skin against my own. I hear him sigh with longing as he brings himself closer to me and I can feel a bulge pressing against the base of my spine.

He pulls back my hair off my neck and whispers in my ear.

"You're like me. You are Death..."

Niklaus runs his hands up my arms and hooks his fingers under the slim strap of my top, easing them off my shoulders.

"Except you seem drawn only to those who need you, spirits that are having difficulty crossing over."

"Why?" I ask.

"Can I kiss your neck?" Niklaus asks tentatively. "I want to feel your skin against my lips..."

"Not yet." I say with more assertiveness than I feel.

Niklaus sighs and pushes the straps of my top back onto my shoulders. He wraps an arm around my waist and I feel his hand moving over my clothed legs.

"Why am I stuck in this hospital?"

His hand moves into my inner thigh...

"Because you died here..."

His hand is inching up higher, I grip his hand stopping it in its place at the top of my inner thigh.

"When?"

"Over forty years ago now."

"How?"

Niklaus laughs in the back of his throat "I'm going to need more if you want more answers."

I think of what I'm willing to sacrifice, "You can kiss my neck." I say point-blank.

Niklaus can sense that I really want to know this answer. "Will you face me?" he says as he moves his hand from my inner thigh and pulls back a few stray strands of hair off my neck.

"No. But you can kiss my neck and my shoulders." I lean my body into him and relax my head on his shoulder exposing my neck to him. Lifting my head I whisper in his ear.

"This is what you wanted wasn't it? To be able to feel my skin against your lips."

This is my sincerest attempt at enticing Niklaus, and I can sense him weakening.

"Perhaps next time I'll wear something more revealing for you," I whisper.

His breathing has slowed and it's heavier. As a final push I rub my hand against his thigh down to his knee over his dark slacks.

Niklaus lets out a resigned sigh.

"You were shot."

"By whom?" I still have my hand firmly on his leg.

"A patient." Niklaus claims his reward and kisses my neck tenderly at first, and then his kisses increase in ferocity. I shrug away from his lips.

"What else? What happened?" I ask.

Niklaus can't talk while he's devouring my neck. I hear him groan slightly and I can feel him grinding against my back. I grab his other knee and push myself up, slightly out of his reach.

"What else?" I demand.

Niklaus groans in agony.

"Please Ava, please... I want more of you!"

My body stiffens and my eyes widen as I swing round to face him.

"Ava? Is that my name?"

Niklaus loosens his grip on me, then rests his forehead on my shoulder and sighs. After a moment of thought Niklaus lifts his head and removes his hands from me.

"Deciding what you're going to trade for a simple yes or no answer?" I ask.

"Yes." Niklaus gets up off the chair and picks up his coat and puts it on.

I turn to him. "Yes what? Is Ava my name? Where are you going?"

"I've lost my interest in this game for now, but I have no doubt I'll be seeing you soon."

Niklaus crouches down to my height and pecks me on the cheek. "Goodnight Ava."

Without warning he vanishes in front of me and I'm left looking around at the gloomy waiting room of the geriatric ward.

Ava. At least I have a name now.

A/N I actually wonder why I'm bothering posting this story, I don't think anybody is reading.