I think...I think I'll Be OK

Sean closes the little black diary and lays it on his lap. His eyes were stinging with still new fresh tears even though it was three days that passed

He didn't really know what time it was, but the window showed darkest greys.

His ears were shocked and deaf from the constant beeping of a machine.

His mind was sick of the slow heartbeat that sounded throughout the room.
And his heart was aching.

His now swollen and pink eyes were drawn to the body lying in the hospital bed.
It was sickly pale and had scars over its face.

So he couldn't bare to keep his gaze on it and panned his view from the bed to the two boys sleeping in two chairs beside it.

Mark and Nate.

Sean could still hear the cries of the two that night.

That horrific night.

It was too painful to remember at the moment, even though the whole thing was replaying in his brain over and over again.

Something happened to Mark.

Something so surreal yet, Sean felt like he knew exactly what happened because it happened to him too. But the thing was that Sean himself didn't feel that feeling anymore.

In Mark's words,

"The once clear windows which granted me the amazing view of this world are now blurred...My clear vision—into Frosted Windows."

Like he suddenly went into a dark and poetic persona.

Come to think of it, Sean noticed how cloudy Mark's eyes were while he was awake. And he wouldn't even look at Sean in the eyes. But when he did...

It scared Sean.

Suddenly he hears stirring in the bed. He looks over and sees the patient with their eyes open.

"..."

Neither of them spoke a word.

And Sean turns his head over at the clock on the nightstand, making the patient follow.

"00:00 huh..."

"It means you can start over again."

"Does it?"

"Only if you want to."

"Yeah, I think I'd like that."

"But uhm..."

                                 "Who are you?"