Nov. 3

I wake up once more...feeling the grime under my lids with every blink.

"Mmph." I roll over my bed and land on the floor.

I stare up at the ceiling...

staring intently at the colour of purples, blues, black.

They're such calm colours..calming...school...school is stressful...OH I GOT SCHOOL.

I crack my neck over to my alarm clock and see the time.

Only 7...but I actually forgot to flip the alarm on.

Ugh, what a great start to the day...

(Downstairs after getting dressed and stuff)

"Morning Mei!" Sean sings.

"Good...morning..?" I stop next to the marble counter with my gaze on Sean.

"What?" Sean look at me with a wide smile, but when he sees my blank face, he pushes his cheeks down.

"Sorry?... I'm just hyped for the Disney trip. It's been a while since I've been."

"I heard there are tons of new attractions." I grab my lunch out of the fridge and stuff it into my bag.

"I can't wait." Sean gleams. "Whatcha going to eat?" Sean looks at me with his head in his hands, elbows leaning against the countertop.

"Uhm...I already ate. So I'm leaving now." I lied; cross my heart.

"OO! Let me walk you to school."

"Sure—what? No, I don't think that's a good idea...You and my brother are pretty famous in my school—so people might get the wrong idea." I hurriedly shove my feet into my shoes and grab my keys.

"What kind of wrong ideas?"

"...Like...we're dating or something." I mutter to myself and avoid his gaze. The embarrassment of what I had just said began to creep over me.

"What's wrong with that?"

I turn to him, already holding the front door open, his shoes and jacket on. His response made my heart stop a little.

This guy is unbelievable.

I huff and walk under his arm, ignoring his calls.

"So what's your first class?" He asks.

I turn to my left and see his ripped black jeans.

"English Lit." I say with the simplest amount of interest.

"Cool."

He ends up silent. The only noise being our steps against the gravel and the rushing of a few cars.

"Hey I-" Sean stops himself as I look up at him. His mouth was still open, like he couldn't get anything out.

I don't think I want to hear what he wanted to say. But I can't deny that I wanted to hear it. Perhaps it would have been a confession of love...a question to hang out? I wanted it to submit to my fantasy.

My cheeks begin to burn at the silly thoughts.

"Are you okay?" He asks with his eyes peeking into the depths of my soul.

"Yeah...yeah, I'm just...hot." I fan my face with my hands, hoping to suppress the uprising heat.

"Maybe you should take off your sweater. It IS California." He cheekily puts his hands into his pockets.

"Aha." I rub the back of my neck. It would be a dangerous thing to take my hoodie off...
"Nah, it's okay. We're almost there anyway."

And they continue in an awkward silence.