Chapter 4

Shoot.

A small army of children surround us. I think about flying away. They obviously didn’t know about our wings right? How could they know?

I make put up 2 fingers slightly. It’s our only chance. All we need to do is doge the arrows. Well, this didn’t turn out into the ‘safe home’ we imagined. Only my flock see my fingers. The man in front starts talking,

‘’ How did you guys get into our borders? And, why were you stealing from us? ‘’ I shrug and start to answer.

 ‘’ Well, we stole because we were hungry and cold. And I don’t know what your ‘borders’ are. ‘’ 

He stared at me with cold, but warming eyes. Then he face lightened up. ‘’ Well, welcome to Camp Half Blood. It seems you made it here by yourself. Impressive, might I say. Come with us to our camp. We have lots of food and warmth there. ‘’ He finished sucking in a breath.

I looked at ray, who shook his head no. Then Hattie, who nodded, along with Aden. Finally I looked at Lola and she nodded slightly still a bit scared. I smile at her. I agree with Ray, but majority rules. Then I turn to face the man in the wheelchair.

‘’ Fine. ‘’ I say stubbornly.

We walk after him to the camp, which wasn’t that long. Only about a minute or two of awkward silence. It looks exactly like it had before. I looked around more closely now though. I notice small details, a crack here, a dent there, a hole there, and other things most people wouldn’t even realize until they lived somewhere for like a year.

He walked us up to a cabin. ‘’ This is where you’ll be staying until you’re claimed, which won’t be long. ‘’ He says with a sweet voice and a smile compared to earlier.

I shrug and put my belongings (a small bag with a couple clothes, some candies I hide from my flock, one book I really love, about the only book I’ve ever read, and a map.) It all fits into this small back pack that’s leather. Ray, Aden, Hattie, and Lola do the same. I turn to the man and say, ‘’ Now what? ’’ 

‘’ Dinner “, he says while wheeling out.