Chapter Eighteen: Is This The End?

Eight's POV:

I came back inside and walked to the living room, I was limping at little cause of the stitches. I saw Five, Diego, and Klaus. I sat on the couch.

"The bastard that nearly killed our sisters still out there, with Vanya," Diego reminded. "We need to go find her."

Diego turned around and saw me, "Eight? What are you doing up? You should be resting," Diego said. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah? Well, I'm fine. Nothing to worry about," I reassure. Trying my best not to show the pain on my side.

"Diego's right, you need to rest and Vanya is not important right now," Five piped in. I look at him in annoyance.

"Hey, that's your sister. A little heartless even for you, Five," Diego pointed out. I agreed.

"I'm not saying I don't care about her, but if the apocalypse happens today, she dies along with the seven billion of us," Five explained. I sighed, not knowing how to tell them that Vanya had powers.

"Harold Jenkins is out first priority."

"I agree. Let's go," Diego said. I got up.

"Ah, ah, ah. Where do you think you're going?" Five asked me with crossed arms.

"Going to find Harold Jenkins with you guys," I say in a 'duh' tone.

"No, you are staying here," Five claimed.

"Excuse me? Says who?" I cross my arms.

"Says your boyfriend. You are not in the right condition to go out, right now," He explains. I scoff.

"Okay, Mr. Overprotective. I can still take care of myself. I don't need protection. I not a kid, Five," I remind.

"I know that, I just don't want you getting hurt than you already are. I want you safe," His face softened. I sigh.

"I know, but I want you safe too. So please, I promise I'll be extra careful," I grab his hands.

He looked at me before sighing in defeat.

"Fine."

"Yes! Love you," I say as I peck him on the lips before walking out.

"You guys count me out," We turn to face him in confusion, "I mean, no offense or whatever. It's just... I kind of feel like this is a whole lot of pressure for newly-sober me, so..."

"You're coming," Diego claimed.

"No, no, no. I mean, we can all agree that my power's... I mean, it's pretty much useless. I'd just be holding you guys back," He tried to reason.

"Klaus, get up," Five instructed.

"You can't make me," Klaus spat.

I roll my eyes in annoyance as I create a glass shard at threw it on the couch between Klaus' legs.

They all looked at me in surprise.

"Oh, then again, a little exercise couldn't hurt," Klaus quickly changed his mind.

I held my hand out as the shard flew back in my hand, "Thank you, Klausy," I smile as I make the shard disappear. We all start to walk out.

-------------------------------------------------------

Eight's POV:

We made it to Harold Jenkins house and saw something really surprising and very disturbing. Harold Jenkins was laying of the floor, with all kinds of thing stabbed in his body. Blood everywhere. I grimace.