Prologue

This world is twisted isn't it? I think about this quite often these days; especially when I am alone, especially now at this very moment.

I sighed and pulled at the sleeves of my hoodie. Never did I think my brother would betray me like this. He promised that he'd bought tickets for us to see Hello Councelor because they were in town. We both enjoy watching this program together and I thought he was being nice by doing this for me; especially since things at the University have been hard. . . Although, it seems like he is no different than the others.

"I am really worried about her. She comes home often with new cut marks on her arms. She thinks I can't see them, but I know." Ryu - Hyun told the hosts and the guests who sat to the right of him. There are two males, one with these sharp squinty eyes and the other with a serious expression as he listened to the details of the story. The other two guests are both female, both looking as though they would burst into tears.

"Ah, how could someone do this to such a kind girl? You say your sister never says no?" Shin Dong - Yup asked, his face also showing concern.

"Yes. She doesn't know how, and it worries me greatly." My brother replied, intertwining his fingers together; something he does often when he is stressed.

"Before we call out to the sister, L, Sung-Kyu; how do you two feel about this situation?" Yeong - Ja Lee asked, her voice curious. . . Wait, did they say that they would call out to me?

"I don't think. . . That it is fair for someone to push another as far that they feel that they have to inflict harm on themselves in order to feel better." The one named L said cautiously, thinking about his words carefully as he said them.

"I agree. Especially since you describe your sister as being someone with a kind heart. I don't quite understand what others are thinking." Sung-Kyu answered, him also being careful with his words.

"Well, let's say a hello to 'the sister with a kind heart'." Jeong Chanwu introduced, motioing out to the crowd. I was at this point handed a microphone to my displeasure, however, I bowed my head as the cameras turned towards me and gave everyone a small hello.

"Did you know that your brother had written to us?" Kim Taegyun asked me, starting off the interogation.

"Aniyo. I had no idea." I replied, trying to advert my gaze somewhat.

"Why do you always say 'yes' to others? Do you ever feel burdened?" Yeong - Ja asked.

"Aniyo. . . I don't feel burdened by helping others. . ." I replied, not really having a good answer to her question. "I just instincively do it. If there is someone that needs my help, I don't have a problem offereing it." I decided on, thinking that this would be the best way to explain.

"Your brother wrote that you've gotten yourself into dangerous situations due to your kindness. Is it true that you were pushed out of a second level window at your University?" Jeong Chanwu inquired. Those in the audience made sad noises and I cringed a little bit at this; I wished my brother had not included this in his story.

"Yes. . . but it was my fault! If I had been more cautious to who I was associating with, those girls wouldn't have done what they did." I tried to explain, but I could tell that they didn't believe me.

"What kind of injuries did you have?"

"I broke my collar bone."

"Yah! Don't lie. It was much worse than that." My brother called to me. I looked away, not able to look at him at the moment.

"Your brother is very worried about you. Don't you see? He's doing this for your sake." Yeong - Ja said to me.

"I don't think he has anything to worry about. I am fine." I lied, knowing that really I was anything but.