"Mom, We're Infiltrating a Museum Today!"

Start from the beginning

"Hey there, son", His dad said, leaning against the doorframe. "What'cha up to?"

"It's kinda complicated to explain, but basically I'm trying to figure out what kinda of security program the Museum of Natural History in Vienna, Austria uses, so I can begin hacking into it to prepare for tomorrow. But it's pretty hard since most museums don't just tell you that information." Player said with a straight face.

His dad just stares at him, before chuckling. "Sure, son, sure. Video games are really getting strange these days" He said shaking his head.

"But it's—" Player started.

"Whatever makes you happy, I guess. Though you've been spending way too much time in your room."

"I know but I really need to help my friends" Player protested.

His dad sighed. He walked over and sat on Player's bed. "You gotta find some friends that are in real life, kiddo. Ones that you can actually meet and do things with."

"Dad you do realize that I can do "things" with my online friends too, right? I can play video games or face time them, among other activities."

"You know what I mean. Like back when I was a kid, me and the boys used to go swimming in my grandpa's pond. Or go get some burgers in that diner on Main Street. And other things that you do in person."

"That's true but that's not always important. For example, me and the boy—I mean team, have saved multiple items of large monetary value and fed thousands of children in charities."

"Video games aren't real life, kid." His dad said, ignoring Player once again when he was about to argue that it wasn't. "Anyways, it shouldn't be hard to find a kid your age around here to be friends with. What about the neighbour's kid, Bobby? He seems cool."

"Bobby does drugs, dad"

His dad was speechless for a moment before he slapped his knee and got up."Well then. Didn't see that one coming."

Before his dad left, he stopped to say one last thing. "Okay kiddo, I'll leave you alone for now, but remember family is important too. I know that me and your mom are often really busy, but we really do want to spend time with you."

Player felt a little sad, all of a sudden. His "work" did take away a lot of family time, even though his friends and all of the change he had created made up for it, he wish he did have some time to be away and just enjoy some time with his parents.

  "I do too, Dad!" He called out when his dad was walking away. His dad stopped and gave him a smile.

*********************

"Hey, Red, so about the security system—" Player began, when he was finally alone.

"Don't worry, Shadowsan figured it out" Carmen interrupted.

"What? Really? But how?"

"He knew this janitor from Austria who was an informant for V.I.L.E a couple of years ago, but he's really been out of the loop since then. So Shadowsan just called and asked him, pretending it was official business." She explained.

"Woah, that was easier than expected."

"Guess we got lucky"