"Mom, We're Infiltrating a Museum Today!"

This was suggested by StarWolf479. Thanks for the fun little one-shot idea!

"Hey honey," Player's Mom said as she walked into his room, while he was busy studying the layout of a museum displayed on his computer screen while being on a call with Carmen.

"Hey mom." Player said, looking up.

"Do you have any plans today? Because your dad and I were thinking of going on a pic—"

"Sorry mom, I can't. I'm busy." Player quickly interrupted.

  His mom looked disappointed but not surprised. Then, her expression changed to annoyed. "You're always busy these days." She said, walking over to his bedroom window and yanking the curtains open. The golden light shone on the piles of clothes and other items littered across his room, illuminating how much of a mess it was. "Like seriously, when was the last time you went outside?" She asked.

  Player thought back to when his parents forced him to go skiing with them, it was actually kind of fun but other than that, he hadn't left the house. That was 3 months ago.

"Um I think it was in December?" He said, it ended up sounding more like a question than an answer.

"See! You never go outside or spend time with us anymore! I know that your dad and I are busy with work most of the time, but even when we aren't, you never do."

"Yeah, I know, I'm sorry. I really would like to but I have something else important today." Player said sadly.
She sighed. "Don't overwork yourself, hun. I know that you're always saying that you've got to use that bright mind of yours to make a difference, but me and Dad are already proud of you no matter what." His mom said, ruffling his hair.

  "Thanks mom, I'll try"

  Player knew that it was kind of cheesy but he didn't care. It still felt nice. He often felt like he has to use all the skills he has to make the world a better place. Many people aren't as lucky to have the same resources or experiences as he does, so shouldn't he do all he can? Wouldn't taking a break just waste his potential?
And besides, so much was relying on him, he couldn't stop in the middle of a project.

His mom stopped to actually look at his hair. "Your bangs are getting really long, when was the last time you had a haircut?"

"Mom it's fine, leave it"

"You look like some emo kid"

"No, I don't"

"—Oh or like the protagonist of some anime you like to watch"

"Mom, stop" Player laughed.

"Okay, okay, but remind one day to cut them" She said.

Player shuddered, memories of his mom cutting his hair in elementary school came flooding back. Those bowl cuts...ugh. "I think I'll just wait till it's safe to go to the barber's"

"That's going to take some time." His mom said turning to leave. "Well I'll leave you to whatever important stuff you're doing. Hopefully we can go on a trip some other day then."

*********************

He was just about to turn on the microphone to talk to Carmen again, but then his dad opened the door to his room.