Chapter Three: Frost's Message

Opal's P.O.V. 

There was no sun to dry us on the way home. If anything, the shade made it worse. Since my fur was thinner than Shadow's, I was trembling more. All I wanted to do was get home and take my punishment. I knew it was coming to me. I left the camp when I was too young. 

At last, we got home, wet and cold. I swallowed hard when I saw my dad there. He looked panicked. I knew it was because I had been gone. I could imagine the search parties he had sent out. He probably thought a rogue had gotten me while the camp was gone. 

When he saw me, my heart beat became faster. He quickly trotted over to me. I had to swallow again to keep my throat from going dry. The shaking intensified. 

"Why were you gone? And why are you wet?" he asked sternly. 

Shadow looked just as nervous as I was. "I... I..." I huffed, since I had been holding my breath. "There was a Riolu in the river... It was gonna fall off the waterfall... We had to save her."

"It's my fault." Shadow suddenly blurted. "I convinced her to leave while everyone was gone. I'm sorry, Ever."

My dad glared at him for a couple of seconds. "Shadow, you know you must be punished, right? You too Opal. " 

Shadow nodded, looking down. "Yes sir."

"Yes dad." I said, more guilty than ever.

"Humph. Well, I could just-"

"Ever! Ever!" called out a Zwelious running towards us. Next to him was a Houndoom.

"Yes?" my dad asked. 

"There's some members from the Ice Clan! We found them crossing through the dead rose bushes!"

"Sir, one of them is the leader's daughter, Frost!" Said the Houndoom. 

His eyes slightly widened. "What did you do with them?"

"Karma's talking to them right now in front of her den. Everyone's there."

Ever looked back at us. "We'll talk about your punishment later," he said, then walked to the leader's den. 

Me and Shadow looked at each other, then ran towards the crowd. We finally found a spot where we were hidden, but could still see. There was a Glaceon and a Glaile being guarded by a Honchkrow. Karma was standing in front of the two, Ever at her side. The Glaceon must've been Frost. 

"Why are you here?" Karma asked, surprisingly calm. Ever, on the other hand, was glaring at Frost, his teeth showing. 

"I told you! I have a message from Blossom! I'm not lying, ya' know," Frost responded. 

"You are from Ice Clan. How can you have a message from Fairy Clan?" my dad scowled. 

"My mother, Winter, and Blossom are some of the closest of the eight siblings. The Fairy Pokemon were too weak to bring it to all the other clans. So my mother sent me."

Karma glanced at my father. "I'd need more proof," he spat. 

Frost looked over at the Glalie and nodded. She took something from him, then put it in front of the clan leader. It was a small, round and pink gem. She nod put it in a small patch of sunlight, so it sparkled and glimmered. 

Karma and Ever's eyes widened. "The Fairy Stone." said Karma. "How did you get it?"

"Blossom gave it to me," Frost answered. "She said it was proof the message was true."

Karma thought for a few seconds. "Alright. Tell me the message."

"Finally," Frost murmured, then took a deep breath. "The Moonlight Gathering is cancelled."

Everyone in the camp gasped. "What do you mean cancelled? The tradition has gone on for moons! Nothing has gotten in the way of that!" Karma asked.

"Fairy Clan told us everything. They were preparing for the gathering when a bunch of trainers came to the grotto. Not only did they destroy it, but they stole a lot of the Fairy Pokemon. They came to us asking for assistance. When they did, the remaining ones were weak and injured."

Karma looked lost for words. My father was the same. I looked over at Shadow. His jaw had dropped. Everyone started panicking. 

"They're coming for us!" one said. 

"What will Karma do?" said another. 

"Calm down!" Karma finally announced. Everyone stopped talking. She took a few deep breaths before responding. "That just means we'll have to have extra Pokemon guarding. And we might have to start training earlier. Maybe shortly after five moons. Thank you for the message Frost."

Frost grinned. "You're welcome!" she said. She picked up the stone and trotted off, the Glalie following. Everyone chatted among each other. Karma went back into her den. Me and Shadow escaped from the large crowd. 

My dad was sending out an extra patrol. Shadow and I trotted towards him. "Dad, what about our punishment?" I asked. 

He smiled. "You don't deny what you've done wrong. You accept your punishment. That could help you to grow into a very loyal clan member," he said. "About your punishment, I think I've decided. Shadow, no more leaving the camp until Opal is of age in one week."

"Yes sir," said Shadow, dipping his head. 

"Opal, you have to replace the nests in the nursery until you are of age. Put in new moss, add more cotton, make sure it's comfortable."

"Yes Dad," I said, looking at the ground. 

"Don't be ashamed, Opal. You were brave for trying to save another Pokemon. Just be careful and don't break the rules next time."

I looked up at him and smile. "Thanks Dad." 

"You're welcome. Now you two go relax. You've had a long day."