Chapter 11: Phone Call After

Monica (POV)

Last night, Michael asked me if I wanted to stay with him after the trip, to stay away from Marcus but, I haven't given him the answer yet. I never been not even two hours away from him, up until now, unless I was staying with Lizzie and that wasn't far. He knew where I was at all times and just for the hell of it, I had two missed calls from him and a long ass voicemail from him cussing me out and saying that he will have my ass, when I get back home. I just haven't told Michael yet and as nervous as I was he knew something was bothering me when we got there.

The head guy was talking about the contract and from then on, I had to get my game face back on. He asked a few questions and some included Michael as well and just to be on point, I have always carried my building folder with me at all times, when we had a business meeting of some sort. To be honest we had this conference in the bag and we both knew it.

"Okay, so Mr. Jackson, I see in my folder here that Jackson & Jackson INC has a requested boat load of recommendations and this expansion will increase over to the New Orleans and Las Vegas?" He asked.

"Yes sir and we will be working together in order to span our companies into one with the advancement team on our side. They held up at least 20 shares invested and we are looking into getting more shares by both." Michael said.

"Well, I see that we have the best people on the job for this as well??" He asked.

"Yes we do! Nothing but the best of the recommended staff of my own. Very well trained and ready for the job, sir." he said.

"Okay, Mr. Jackson, I will be giving my CEO a phone call this afternoon. Probably around seven p.m. will you be available for a phone conference?" He asked.

"Yes I will sir! And thank you for your time!" He said.

"We will be in touch soon!" He said.

As we all came out the conference room, my phone rung and Marcus name popped up. I stopped the phone from ringing because I didn't want to hear it. Since I have been with Michael, I really haven't cared about Marcus as much or how the fuck he felt.

Michael (POV)

I watched her in silence from the time we came into the meeting up until now. Something was bothering her and I can tell. After the meeting, I couldn't bare not asking her but I knew I had to. She never responded when I asked her last night if she would come and stay with me just to keep safe from harm. I know that I have to be patient with her, its not everyday that I ask someone who I am not as close to before, to come and stay with me. But I am willing to take this risk for her. I think I am falling in love with her and its not because of the sex. It was beautiful how we made love but I want more than just that from her, I want her heart and her mind.

A long walk on the beach might be the key to winning my answer. I do not want her to go back to that house knowing that the man who tries his best to destroy her, is waiting for her. I won't allow myself to be at home, about to lose my mind because I don't know what's going on with her. I need her for me and I want her for her.

Crystal
When we got back to our rooms, I had realized we stil had a day and a half together. I remember that Michael had mentioned a bathing suit for the beach so I took him on his gesture and we parted ways into out rooms.

That's when my phone rung and it was Marcus.

Crystal: "Hello?"

Marcus: "Where the fuck are you? And why haven't you been picking up my phone calls?!"

Crystal: "I am out of town, Marcus! Why are you even calling me like this anyway!"

Marcus:" You never ever, go out of town without me knowing or going! You are such a stupid bitch!! You know what wait until your ass gets back here!! AND YOU BETTER BE BACK HERE BITCH OR ITS OVER FOR YOU!!!!"

Crystal:"Why do you have to fucking tell at me all the time? I am soon about to be done with you! I can't take anymore *she sobs* I am tired of you hurting me Marcus!"

Marcus:"I don't give a fuck what you are tired of! And your ass better no be with no nigga!"

Crystal:" I am with my boss for crying out loud, Dammit!"

Marcus:" Ohhh!! So you sleeping with him now! That's what you wanna do. Okay I'll show you who's bad!"

*He hangs up*

Michael
I got ready for the beach. It's funny because I thought I heard someone yelling next door to me. It sounded like someone yelling "Marcus" name. I know he didn't call her and is threatening her on the phone.

I kept that with me. Now I definitely know now, that Monica was in trouble. And if I am correct, he's going to be waiting for her return.

Crystal

I knocked on Michael's door and waited for him to opened the door. I was so scared because I hoped that he didn't go back on his offer to walk on the beach with him. I was also scared of going home now. I called Lizzle and left her a message because he didn't pick up the phone, I figured she was busy from holding down the fort at work.

He finally opens the door smiling at me. He was wearing his opened white shirt sleeved shirt and black trunks.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked.

"Um yeah. I am just fine. Nothing like a walk on the beach with my boss won't cure, right?" I said.

"Right!!" He said smiling.
********************************

While heading down the elevator, I wanted to ask him so bad what he was thinking but I am worried that he was going to get hurt in dealing with me.

"Um Michael?" I said.

"Yes, Monica?" He said.

The tears just wouldn't hold up. Everytime Michael looked at me, I just felt like I couldn't lie to him.

"Marcus made it home. He called and he said he couldn't wait for me to walk in the door." I said, "I tried to call Lizzie but she didn't pick up and I feel like as soon as I walk in that door my death will catch me."

"No it's not! I made up my mind just now, your staying home with me!" He said, "I am not going to allow you to walk back into that house alone! I won't do it!"

"But Michael I--" he interrupted me.

"No "Buts" Monica! When we land me, you and security will take you home, so you can grab whatever you need and your coming home with me! Is that understood?" He asked.

I shook my head "yes". I'm so lost right now! What is going to happen if Marcus is home? I can't let nothing bad happen to Michael.

Where is Lizzie when I need her?

To Be Continued...

Okay guys!! Here's that update. I am trying keep everything going for y'all. I am still going through somethings but please bare with me...

Like, Vote and comment!!

Thanks for the support!!! I Love y'all!!! 🥰🥰😘😘😘