xv

chapter xv: keeper

A headache would always hit (Name)  when something's bound to happen

A headache would always hit (Name)  when something's bound to happen. Something she must not change.

This happened frequently when she was residing in the forest. It's as if it was a sign and a reminder than things are going based on the original plot.

And for the expedition that's going to come the next few days, (Name) could only think of one devastating event. The death of Levi's squad.

The night fell and after talking to Levi and Eren about tomorrow's positions and squadrons, she headed on to the mess hall to grab a cup of coffee (or tea) hoping it would at least make the healing of her headache a bit more relaxing—other than just using her healing abilities.

She sat on one of the lone chairs and stared at the wall, thinking deeply of what she could do to prevent the loss.

Would it affect the official plot?

If they don't die, then Mikasa and them won't be part of the special squad.

Thinking about it, she did change a fourth of the plot already. Saving Mina and Marco, and the brainwashing of Premiere Zachary was part—let's not forget Ilse.

She held the cup by its handles and stared at the liquid for a few seconds, then back to the wall.

But instead of meeting the wall, she met eyes with Keeper. She flinched at the sudden eye contact.

His red eyes held no light, for he was a devil himself. In his orginal human-like form, he stood at the height of 6"2 with his raven black hair up in a tight ponytail. Two horns protruded from his forehead, connecting to the scars on his eyes.

"You doing good?" He asked, pulling out a chair to sit next to her. He looked at her, a little worry evident in his eyes.

"I've been with you for a few years and this is the most worrisome state I've ever seen you."

(Name) chuckles, "I just don't know what to do."

Keeper looked at her for a few moments, sighed then threw his right arm on the table whilst resting his cheeks on his right palm facing (Name). "I know I'm not supposed to tell you this but when doors are meant to be closed, they will close."

"Even if you try and save them, they will die sooner or later." Pulling out his left hand, his book of death records appeared in a blink. The pages automatically flipped, landing on a certain page. "Although for Marco's case, it was spared since his death importance was proven irrelevant when Jean joined him in the survey corps."

It was (Name)'s first time seeing his book of death records. It was black, but it emitted red aura. Opposing the black cover, the pages were sheer white.

"What should I do?" She asked genuinly.

Keeper shrugs his shoulders, "even if you save them, they will die a few days after almost from the same reason. They'll ask you to help, but lingering in you, you know they're supposed to be dead."