xxi

chapter xxi: death

The ground shook as the female titan chased Eren and his squad

The ground shook as the female titan chased Eren and his squad. While they were all busy, (Name), with the help of her wings that she managed to summon with little energy, flew toward Gunther who was hanging on by a  wire.

Scooping him by the arms, she sets him down on the ground and tried her best to heal him. Though her magic was faint due to the lack of energy, it seems likes it's working since his neck was stitching itself back to place.

(Name) looks at the direction of where Eren and the others went, the idea of her not reaching in time scared her.

"(Name)?" This caught the lady's attention and she snapped her neck to where the voice came from.

"Was it you? Wait, what are you doing to me? Didn't I die?" It was from Gunther. "And on your back.." He tried to slap his face and rub his eyes for he could not believe what he was seeing.

(Name) had wings and he was alive. This is a dream, right?

"Do you think you can move?" was (Name)'s first question. "The one who killed you was the female titan and she's currently chasing Eren and the others."

"The what?" Gunther couldn't process whatever the lady was saying. He was dead but was managed to be brought back to life by (Name), of course, he'd feel overwhelmed.

"You weren't necessarily dead," (Name) started. "If you were, I wouldn't have brought you back."

"What do you mean by that? What did you do?"

(Name) kissed her teeth and pulled herself up, ignoring her senior's question. Gunther could only watch her as she whistled loudly. "What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm getting you a horse." After she replied, hooves were heard, and here came (Name)'s horse. "Leave the female titan to me and report to Commander Erwin or Captain Levi. They should be heading east," (Name) orders as she points to the right. "Don't tell anyone what you experienced and what you saw. Please."

Gunther's hands flew to his neck, still couldn't believe he's alive and breathing. (Name) gave him one last nod before flying over to where Eren and the others were.

Gunther remained in place as he took a handful of his hair. He screamed, taking this chance for when he could not before he was killed. After the hooded figure cuts his wires, the person managed to also cut his neck making it easier to snap when he hit the tree.

The pain and the feeling were still fresh, but when he tries to feel his neck, it was still intact and connected to his body.

Now, another thing that scares him was (Name).

She had wings in the colors of the WIngs of Freedom and if he understood her right, she pulled him out of death.

"what is she.." His thoughts were cut off by the horse calling his attention. Gunther remembered (Name)'s order and hopped on the horse given to him. "I have to tell Commander."