15

MORNING

MORNING.

The next morning, Emilia woke up in a deserted truck. She sat up and was extremely confused. She opened the door of the truck to see that they were in some parking lot in the town center.

There wasn't much action in the center. It was fairly empty except for a group of elderly ladies, speed-walking around. She looks at her reflection in the car window and sighed. She decides to walk in the grill to use the restroom and wash her face. She opens the door, not paying attention to the patrons there, and heads straight into the bathroom.

She walked in, shutting the door behind her when all of a sudden she's pinned to the wall by none other than Caroline Forbes. "How are you alive?!"

Emilia points to her throat trying to signal that she can't breathe. Luckily for Emilia, Caroline lets her down. "Sorry I guess I assumed you would've been a vampire because you're now alive. So since you're not a vampire. Explain to me how you are alive."

"Can I be frank with you?" Caroline nods her head. "I don't even know how I'm alive. I'm dead and three months later I just suddenly wake up in Chicago."

Caroline doesn't respond and goes on to her next question. "Why did you betray us?"

"You really think I wanted to. Before you assume anything, I've known Klaus a lot longer than you'd think."

"How would you have ever met?"

"He saved me and I owed him."

Caroline nodded not wanting to know what could've possibly happened. "Why are you in Mystic Falls?"

"Again I have no clue."

Caroline changes the subject, feeling bad for the poor girl. "Do you want to come to senior prank night at the high school tonight because you're technically still a senior so it's kind of your duty."

"Sure why not." Emilia decided to do it because she really had nothing else going on and she thought that she could maybe finish the rest of high school there.

They leave the bathroom together and Caroline looks towards her. "Do you want to have breakfast with us?"

Emilia doesn't know what to do. She knows that it would be awkward sharing a meal with the people that you literally just betrayed. However, Caroline didn't let her say no for an answer as she dragged Emilia over to her table. "Ok everyone you already know her but she's going to be joining us for senior prank night tonight."

Emilia awkwardly waved and sat down. "Uh, hey guys."

"Emilia sit down."

Emilia saluted her. "Aye, aye captain Caroline."

"First, there will be no interrogating Emilia as I already have and we really need all the help we can get."

Bonnie and Tyler nod silently agreeing. All of a sudden, something clicked in Tyler's head. "Oh my god. My mom tried to set me up with you one time. But now she hates you after you told her you wanted to play football. LOL."