1

SCHOOL.

Is what she called a hellhole. Not because of the constant memorization and pointless information that was being forced into her head. No, it was a hellhole because of the never-ending cycle of loneliness, drama, and stress.

Matilda and Barrons' Prep School could be what everyone thinks of when they think of a rich, private school. It was formed from an all boys and all girls school. Hence the name. Ironically, when you look at it it's nothing of the sort. The school is disgusting and old. The outside is supposed to be a dark-reddish almost brick color, but the paint has peeled so much it looks like the outside is multi-colored. Originally it was an all-boys school, but the county decided to combine with the all girls school nearby and it became the school it is today.

If you were a Matilda and Barrons' student all you cared about was football. Every guy would do nothing but play, talk, and watch football. Consequently, every girl would gawk and gush at each and every football guy desperate to earn their attention.

But like any other high school, your social life was very important. Thus the creation of the social hierarchy Matilda and Barrons' Prep School knows today. At the top, of course, were the jocks but only football jocks. Then, of course, like every cliche were the cheerleaders. After that, there are many unimportant cliques and social groups. And at the bottom were the nerds and the geeks like every high school movie.

Emilia Page was smart, smarter than most, but she shoved away any notion of being a nerd. She tried to reject it with every fiber of her being. Emilia didn't think nerds were bad people or anything of the sort, but if you were deemed a nerd than you were doomed in every aspect.

Emilia did like football, but differently than her peers. Every guy would do nothing but play, talk, and watch football. Consequently, every girl would gawk and gush at each and every football guy desperate to earn their attention. However, Emilia actually liked to play football. She was actually quite decent at the sport because she was very fast and had good hand-eye coordination.

Ever since the school's inception, it became famous for getting one person on the football team a free ride to a D1 college ever since 1927. And of course, this was a big deal to every guy in the area. Every guy wanted to have the chance to earn the coveted scholarship and Emilia wanted rather needed to earn that coveted scholarship for college. And that's what led her to football tryouts in her freshmen year.

Emilia Page was currently telling herself, "it doesn't matter what they think, it doesn't matter what they think, it doesn't matter what they think, you're here because you want to do this, you need to do this," leaning against the dark, metal bleachers of her school. After repeating it a couple more times Emilia finally walks out into the bright sunlight. She walks with her head down and goes to turn onto the field and she suddenly bumps into a really tall guy.

Once she looks up she backs away and apologizes. "Oh sorry for bumping into you."

The guy takes off his helmet and replies, "It's fine. I'm Brad."

"Well Brad I'm about to be late so can I just move on past ya."

Brad doesn't move and they both take each other's appearance into account. He's an average looking guy with brown hair and brown eyes, but he's almost intimidatingly tall. He stands in place with his huge, tall frame with his arms crossed over his chest blocking her path. Emilia is a short girl wearing a football outfit with the school's logo. Brad looks her up and down and his face turns into one of confusion.

"What are you wearing short-stack shouldn't you be with the rest of them.

Brad then gestures at a group of crazy girls giggling. These girls were staring at the field, talking, and pointing at every single guy on the field. One girl then proceeds to stand up and walks to a nearby water fountain with a hot pink water bottle in her hand and a matching pink bow in her hair. Emilia notices that the girl who stood up and the rest of the girls are most likely cheerleaders for the school.