Ch12/Ending

Blood doesn't equal family.

Peter's heard that a million times around. It'd never gotten old to him, though. He loved the saying for many years of his time with Aunt May. He'd fret about how, technically, May was his father's brother's wife, so they weren't really related. May shut that down fast.

You will always be my family, she'd reassure him. Ages five to fifteen. 

And Peter will always have his friends, too. They had his back during really rough times. He hopes they know he'd be there for them in a heartbeat, too.

And, of course, for a while now, Peter's had a new special addition to his found family.

He fought hard for his godfather. Besides having to outright figure out his identity vis-a-vis a firefight, Peter had to deal with the press, too, and he had to overcome personal boundaries, years of unease and stress about the connection.

Mr. Stark extinguished that unease and stress.

Peter's beyond grateful. He's content. He's glad he took the chance. It came up really, really great. And even though he'd never outright say any of this to Mr. Stark, he thinks his dad is glad he took the chance, too.

Blood doesn't equal family.

But Peter's godfather- his whole family- is the best he could ever ask for.

{The End}

That's a wrap y'all! I hope you enjoyed. Thank you for reading! This story was on the shorter side, but it was still a labor of love, and I'm so glad that it's been met with this kind of reception. Thank you, thank you, thank you, I really appreciate it.

Have an amazing day! :)

Bye :)