Ch7

"So," Ned asks for the zillionth time, "what's it like being Tony Stark's son?"

Peter masks his smile with fake annoyance as he and his best friend find a spot in the cafeteria and start to eat. 

"I'm not really his son. And same as yesterday, Ned," Peter replies. "Awesome. Scary. Frustrating."

To say the least. Peter has spent the past two weeks battling multimedia on top of getting out of the hospital. He and May each come home every day with full reports on which interviewers had confronted them most, what they asked, and how Peter or May responded.

"Did you see Black-Bearded-Benny? From the first day of school?" Peter would ask, using names they created for the regulars.

"No," May had once responded, "but Tall and Nosy Laura asked me for my Stark-Parker wedding date."

("Ew!" Peter had exclaimed.)

Either way, Peter Parker is the talk of the town. The US, for all he knows. The thought makes him shiver. 

"How much of the truth do the news people actually know?" Ned asks.

Peter tries to think. "I honestly can't remember what all I've said to these people. They point lights in your face and you start rambling."

Across the table, MJ looks up. It usually only takes a couple of exchanges between the two boys, Peter has noticed, to engage the quiet girl.

"What's Tony doing during all this?" She buts in, boldly using only his first name.

"No clue," Peter grumbles. It's not like he hasn't looked for his reaction. It's simply not there. Peter wishes he could avoid the press like Mr. Stark does.

Ned changes the subject to the salve his mother bought for Peter's burns and video games coming out that month, and Peter is grateful for the change of pace. Eventually, the bell rings, so MJ parts with a "later, losers," Ned heads to AP Chem, and Peter is left alone with his thoughts again.

Next chapter soon!

Thank you so much for reading! If you have any ideas of what else you'd like me to write, or if you just wanna talk about how your day is going, feel free to reach out! Have a great day/night!

Bye :)