Ch11

Fall 2017 (1 Year Later)

Peter checks his mini planner book in English class.

He still writes down lab days with his godfather, despite the fact that he sleeps over in his room at the tower every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and hangs out after school around twice that amount of time.

Sometimes Aunt May or Pepper joins Peter and Mr. Stark when they have the time, and it's always a blast. Peter takes May and Mr. Stark has Pepper, and they try to teach them about biomolecules in a stable product, or how to safely adhear two pieces of metal with what Peter calls "The Laser Gun". Then, Pepper will make dinner and take the opportunity to try and knock some cooking basics sense into Mr. Stark. They all crowd around the tv with May, and they watch Grey's Anatomy while Peter's aunt points out the accuracies and inaccuracies.

Ned and MJ come along as well, on occasion. MJ took some convincing, but Ned was down before Peter even had the words out of his mouth. When his friends come over to Mr. Stark's place, they always screw around and joke with FRIDAY together. Ned, every single time, wants a tour of the new additions to the lab, and then the three collapse in Peter's room and do homework or watch YouTube.

Today, it's just one-on-one time with Mr. Stark.

Peter really doesn't know why he still puts these things in his planner. Guess he just hasn't fallen out of the habit.

The bell rings, and Peter thanks his English teacher as he heads out the door with Abraham. They chat about AcaDec before catching up with Ned, MJ, and Betty.

The five take their group's usual route out of the building, eager for some sunlight and cool, fresh air.

"Peter!" Ned exclaims. "You gotta have your dad or May get you Netflix. There's new seasons of a ton of shows. You're missing out, man."

"It's expensive," Peter whines.

MJ buts in: "You say that like Tony couldn't purchase Netflix itself with one email."

"I feel attacked." They all laugh.

"Personally, Netflix seems like a rip-off to me. Rather go to the theater," Abraham says. Betty gasps. Peter, Ned, and MJ can hear the two arguing long after they've turned the corner for 1rst street and parted ways.

"Whatever," Ned presses on. "You guys are still coming over to binge with me later. Netflix is awesome."

MJ's mom pulls up in her little Ford, and the girl waves to Peter and Ned.

Peter says goodbye to his friend with their secret handshake, and having seen everyone off, he starts the walk to Stark Tower.

He reaches his destination (as announced by Google Maps, he'd be lying if he said he never got lost in New York before) forty minutes later.

Peter waves at Barry, who's sitting at the desk. He takes the stairs up ten flights and uses his passkey to let himself onto the floor.

Mr. Stark is at his computer at the dining table, further into the room. Peter walks in with a skip in his step and grabs a mug of coffee before also sitting at the table.

"Hey, Dad."

Peter's godfather perks up from whatever he's scrolling through and smiles. "Hey, Pete, how was school?...Wait, are you drinking coffee? You know it's bad for you, kiddo."

"I need it. I had to walk here," Peter reasons, downing the cup.

"I keep telling you I could drive you. You're so hell bent on getting physical activity. Well, I guess one of us should be."

Peter frowns and mutters, "it's bitter, anyway."

"You might've overused the machine," Mr. Stark teases.

Peter gets up to hover over his dad's shoulders, leaning on the chair. "What website are you on?"

"You need a new backpack, kiddo. Ah-ah! Don't deny it, that one's beat up. May sent me this link."

Peter grins to himself. He feels the screen bore into his eyes as he and Mr. Stark continue to surf together, Peter tapping the man's shoulder when he sees something he likes.

All things considered, today was a pretty great day.

 Thank you so much for reading! If you have any ideas of what else you'd like me to write, or if you just wanna talk about how your day is going, feel free to reach out! Have a great day/night!

Bye :)