Ch1/Prologue

Summer 2004

"Okay, Power Pete, I'm gonna meet you at the end of the slide."

Peter takes off for the end of the jungle gym. His little legs stumble, of course, but he manages to launch himself down the curly cu slide- after one last look below to ensure his mother would catch him.

1, 2, 3, seconds later, he is in his mother's arms, giggling. Beside the radiant woman, Peter's dad makes funny faces and boops the toddler's nose.

Just another sunny day at the park.

Peter, eyes agleam with delight, wriggles playfully out of his mother's hold and squeals "chase me!" The trio runs around for what feels like hours to Peter.

That night, when it's storming, lightning wakes Peter out of his heavy sleep- well earned after an afternoon filled with play. His mother and father make room in between them under the covers of their queen bed. Their son climbs in and holds on to a hand each. The child's face looks angelic, like nothing in the world could bring him down.

Hey guyz! So basically this story is going to be an au where Peter never gets powers and doesn't meet Tony canonically, that's kinda what this is rewriting. 

This story talks about Peter's parent's deaths quite a bit, so warning for that- read with caution. Also, later on in chapter four, definitely only read if you are comfortable; it's a little firefight.

I already have a lot of this story written out, but I'm going to wait a little for chapter two.

Thank you soooo much for reading, and sorry for the extra notes! If you have any ideas of what else you'd like me to write, or if you just wanna talk about how your day is going, feel free to reach out! Have a great day/night!

Bye :)