4 | 𝙿𝚎𝚗 |

Start from the beginning

56194

***

"Rats!"

Norman punched the tree, scarring his knuckles. I gave him a worried glance.

'Why did he even punch the tree?! He'll probably whine to me about the wound on his knuckles.'

I sighed. Of course, he would be mad. Even Emma and Ray were wearing distressed expressions on their faces. They really shouldn't be bothered by Sister Krone though, she holds no power above us.

"Things aren't looking great for us. I also don't like the fact that she moved into that room," Ray said.

"Right?! Right?! I put all my blood, sweat, and tears into cleaning that room! I can't believe that I cleaned up for an enemy!" I whined in reply.

Ray deadpanned at me, "Is that the issue right now? And besides, you barely even touched the broom. I had to do most of your chores."

I let out a gasp, "ExCuSe mE mR. sAd BoI! I cleaned every corner of that room while you were at the side, looking at the window dramatically as if you were in some cringy music video!"

He glared at me and was about to hit me in the head when he was stopped by Norman. He was wearing a serious expression on his face, indicating for both of us to shut up.

The four of us stayed silent under the tree. Norman was deep in his thoughts. Emma was mumbling something quietly and Ray was just being useless.

'This is so suffocating! It's not like we're out of options right now.'

Emma and Norman let out a squeak as I grabbed their heads, locking my shoulders between both of them. "Oh come on guys! You can do better than this!"

"So what if we have Sister Krone? We can manipulate her into giving us more information!" I exclaimed.

The three looked at me, shock evident from their faces.

"You're amazing Kristine! I didn't think you would figure that out!" Norman muttered.

Wow...that's mean. I may look dumb and do stupid things but I score well on my exams too you know! Curse you, albino boy!

"Norman...just now...you sounded as if you were thinking that I was dumb all this time!"

He looked at me awkwardly, finding the right words to say. I pouted a bit and looked away from him. Just because he's smart doesn't mean that he can look down on me you know. I'll show you Norman! I'll get all of us out here and you'll beg on your knees for forgiveness!

"Well that's because you are dumb Kristine," Ray stated.

"Oh my, Emma! Are you hearing something? I think that's the sound of bitterness I hear!" I said, ignoring Ray's insults.

"Don't mind them, Kristine! I think you're a genius!" Emma beamed. I immediately hugged her, showering her with my love.

'And this is why women are superior!'

I let go of Emma, my happy expression turned into a serious one.

"'I am above you all in terms of strategic thinking. I know all of your plans. Give up.' - is what Mama wants us to think," I started.

Ray nodded at me, "The fact that she's leaving all kinds of hints for us proves that she's trying to intimidate us into submission. If that's the case, we shouldn't be backing down here."