Chapter 33

Mew's POV

"Why don't you try it with a guy? This is your 7th girlfriend already after Gulf for heaven's sake. Stop playing around."

Becca being an annoying sister again.

She was in my condo unit to fill my fridge with foods.

"The one will come in God's perfect timing."

My past girlfriends were not just a normal girls. Some are models and celebrities. There's just no spark.

Becca handed me the ice pack. She witnessed how I was slapped by the girl after breaking up with her.

They asked to be their boyfriend and I gave them the chance.

I really gave Gulf the time that he needed. I told myself that I will wait for three years and build my own business without depending on my dad. I made it but it took me four years. I have now 18 branches of tutorial schools and it is still growing. I have the best part-time teachers who work every night. They tutor kids to excel in math and those who are reviewing for boards or even just taking admission tests.

Aside from that, I am the managing director in dad's corporation for about 4 months now.

"Move on, will you? He is in US now, he will not return. Do you think he will be single for four years? Stop playing around and have a girlfriend for real." Becca is being loud.

"I know what I am doing."

After she left, I open my laptop. I know he is still single. I am happy he was done with his master's degree. Well done, baby. I am so proud.

He is still beautiful. I am happy to see how he worked hard to get his degree. I remember how lazy he was every time I asked him to study. When I helped him review his exam, he always fell asleep.

I sent another email. "Goodnight, baby."

"😴" He replied with emoji again.

"Can I call you?" I sent him another message

"💤"

I started emailing him for four months already since I started with the executive position. At first, he never replied. He will just read the messages, but just last month he started replying with emojis.

I know Gulf is still single, he is not someone who will reply with other guys when he is in a relationship. That I am very sure of.

"I miss you baby. You are done with school already, why don't you come back?"

"🙅‍♀️👩‍🦰👩‍🦰👩‍🦰👩‍🦰👩‍🦰👩‍🦰"

I laughed after interpreting his last message.

"You sure know a lot about me, huh. I am still waiting. I love you still. I'll sleep early. I have tons of work to do for tomorrow."

I was early because my morning schedule is full of meetings.

It is noon when I decided to buy a coffee.

Why is it extra cold today? Damn it.

My phone vibrated. Becca keeps infuriating me.
"Seriously Becca, you need to stop giving my number with your girl friends." I was about to hit the sent button when I bumped into someone.

"What the hell," he yelled

Oh shit! I offered my hand to help him stand.

"Baby?"

"Damn it. Are you a rock?" He was obviously hurt.

"Are you, okay?" I asked.

"Do I look okay to you?"

"No. You don't look okay without me by your side."

"Whatever." I giggled at his reaction.

This bodyguard again is still with him. He came running.
"What happened to you?" His guard asked. "I was just gone by 3 minutes and this happened."

"Stop asking." He hissed.

"Can we talk?" I gathered the courage to ask him.

"Talk now, I need to meet Gab."

"Over a cup of coffee."

"Just be quick, Mew." He turned to his guard. "Wait for me outside the coffee shop, Cir."

"Yes, sir."

I ordered latte for us.

"How are you? Since when did you return?" I asked.

"I am doing well. Since I started replying with your email."

"Oh, that's more than a month now. Why didn't you tell me?"

"You are just too slow. I thought you'll get it."

"Cirrus is still with you all the time?"

"Yes, since I am the owner of the mansion now. Both he and his dad are annoying following me around. Sometimes I ask him to be on guard with Thea, but Thea doesn't like him so I have to send his dad most of the time. She is still in a secret relationship with Ja and I am telling you that guy is jealous of Cir. That is why Thea is not allowing him to follow her."

I chuckled a bit.

"Oops, sorry. I think I talked a lot."

"No, I enjoyed listening," I told him. I miss him talking a lot. This is something I missed about him. This is what I forgot to do before, to talk with, and ask how he is doing. "You're cute when you are talking."

His cheeks turned red.

"Cute your ass." He is being shy. That's cute.

"Can we meet up more often?" I am one year late to my goal already. I need to speed up the process.

"What for?"

"Winning you back of course." I smiled sweetly at him. After meeting him today, I just confirmed that Gulf has still this effect on me which I never felt for those girls.

"Sounds cocky, huh. What makes you think I am single?"

"Because the Gulf I know will never meet up like this with a guy when he is in a relationship. Am I right?"

"I don't know." His face is still red. It's a good thing I still have this effect on him.

"What's your phone number?"

"I won't give you." He lowered his head and nervously sip from the cup.

"Come on, I want to talk to you all the time."

"So this is how you flirt now?"

"This is how I flirt with someone I love the most."

"Then stop it now." His hand was on the table so I got the chance to hold it.

"I love you so much, Gulf. I still want you mine. Trust me, I'll win you back. I will start with your dad. I'll prove to him that I deserve a second chance." I need to start gaining the trust of his family again. I will talk to Gab, who keeps ignoring me since my break up with his brother.
"Anyway baby, you are being obvious. You still love me." He almost spit the coffee back to the cup.

I grabbed his phone.

This is the one I bought him before, a couple with mine.

I unlocked his phone using my face recognition. See? He is still the same Gulf I know. I tried ringing my phone. Got it.

"Damn you, Mew!"

" Thanks, baby. Nice wallpaper by the way."

The wallpaper is still the same. It was our first-anniversary picture. Now I am sure of it. He is still in love with me.