Chapter 30

Mew's POV

I am so exhausted. My body and brain are really drained.

It is the first compliment I heard from dad and I can't contain my happiness.

I really can't wait to go home and tell it to Gulf.
He will be happy to hear it.

My dad called me to join the quarterly party. I can't wait for booze. It's been a while since I last drink. I was so busy at work that I can't even have time to have fun.

It's already 5 when I decided to text my boyfriend.

"Baby, I need to join the party tonight. We increased our sales by 15%. I can't pick you up. I swear I'll go home as early as possible."

"Enjoy." My boyfriend is so sweet. He is not as demanding as before. I love him either way.

We are just drinking when I receive a notification from Becca. She tagged me and Gulf on her post.

It was a picture of us with a caption
"Happy second anniversary to this power couple."

I checked the date.

What the fuck.

A minute after that post, I received a text from Gulf.

"Let's break-up. Thanks for everything."

Holy shit. I stormed out of the club and drive to our home as fast as I could.

He is there. He should be there.

I was having a hard time pulling my card from my bag because my hands were shaking.

The unit was dark.

When I turned on the light, all I can do is just kneel because of my disappointment.

I am so disappointed with myself.

The cake, the wine, the gift, and all the decoration to make this night special, I wasted all his efforts. Even our bed is filled with red rose petals.

I am so stupid.

I grabbed my phone and tried reaching him but he turned off the phone.

I decided to drive to his grandfather's house. He will hide there for sure.

I arrived just in time, I saw Gulf getting out of the cab in front of their wide gate.

"Baby?"

He stopped walking and faced me.

"What happened? Are you mad that I forgot about it? I am sorry baby. We still have time to celebrate. Happy Anniversary."
I am really regretting that I went to that party instead of going home early.

"I am tired. Let's just break up. Leave now."
Why is he acting cold at me?

"Baby, let's talk. You promised that we will never break up." I tried hugging him but he is not hugging me back.

"You also said that you will never change but you did. I am tired of adjusting. I am tired of everything."

"But I still love you damn much. I love you even more. Adjusting about what? What did I do?"

"See? You are still clueless." I really don't know.
"This is not just about the anniversary."

"Then why didn't you tell me what's wrong before so I could change it? I could at least try."

"Because you'll just be mad and you will just leave when you're disappointed so I am trying to accept everything. But now I am brave enough to cut this toxic relationship. Between us, I am the one who loves more."