36.

Chapter 36 | The next day

Lucas:

As I prise my eyes open, I almost have a heart attack at the sight of a man staring at me as I sleep.

I sit straight up in bed abruptly, which isn't the best move and I raise a hand to my pounding head before taking a better look and realising that it's just Harry Styles.

Harry Styles?...that means that I'm in-

I look next to me and seeing Isabella bundled up in the covers confirms all my suspicions.

I am in her room.

Rubbing my temples and trying to rid myself of the killer headache that I have, I try to recall last nights events.

All I can remember is getting that text message and driving over to Ivy's to walk in on her and Trent and banging him up in the face and then stalking off home and raiding my parents' alcohol cupboard, that they assume I don't know about, and getting shit-faced drunk.

I feel a pang of pain at the memory of seeing my girlfriend cheat on me but I don't have time to wallow in sadness as the rustling of someone waking up next to me catches my attention.

"Good morning," she says, rubbing her eyes and sitting up next to me. Her hair is in a huge mess.

"Good morning," I start unsurly. I pause for a beat before continuing. "Uh Bella, what happened yesterday?"

She cocks an eyebrow before smirking slyly. "You don't remember?"

I shake my head.

I rack my brain for reasons as to why I am in her bed and then I come across the most obvious one.

No...we couldn't have....could we?

"Did we, uh, sleep together?"

She pauses for a few beats before replying. "Uh...yeah we did." Her cheeks tinge pink and she kisses her teeth. "You weren't very good though, you lasted about 30 seconds."

Not very good? What??

Seeing the baffled look on my face causes her to tip her head back in laughter. "I'm kidding," she says in between giggles. "You came over here drunk and then crawled into my bed and wouldn't budge, so we watched Netflix for the rest of the night until you dozed off."

I let out a breath of relief. "Oh, thank God." I rake a hand through my hair. "I should've known you were kidding when you said I was bad."

She rolls her eyes. "Okay whatever, I'm gonna go shower now."

As she treks out of her room and into the bathroom and I fall back down on the mattress with a grunt.

How much did I drink last night? It feels like someone is smashing up my brain with a hammer.

I think I re fall asleep for a couple minutes because the next time I open my eyes Isabella has returned to her room with a towel wrapped around her head.

I smack my tongue gassing the roof of my mouth and grimace at the taste. "Um, Isabella do you have a spare toothbrush by any chance? My mouth tastes like something died in there."

She scrunches up her nose in disgust as she applies moisturiser to her skin. "Yeah, I'll get you one in a second." She continues doing her skin care routine. "Whilst you're at it you might aswell shower here because you stink." She waves her hand in front of her nose.

"You weren't complaining yesterday night when you were cuddling with me," I snort, peeling off my t-shirt and chucking it at her head.

It lands on her face and she screams in disgust, peeling it off with her index finger and chucking it to the ground. "So you do remember what happened yesterday?"