15.

A/n this chapter is weird, i'm so sorry for this in advance (i was going crazy in isolation when writing this chap, leave me alone 😳✋)

Chapter 15 | Spirit week

Isabella:

Things I have realised over the course of this week: Lakeside high school takes spirit week very fucking seriously.

Yes, British school was fun; teaming up as a class to make supply teachers cry, watching huge weekly fights and people being thrown down the stairs as a whole school and field seshes were quite...something else. Fun, but something else.

Now, here in the US, things are a bit different. Yes there are fights, not as often or as extreme however, and so on, but there is something about the sense of community and unity that his school has that is really nice. I can't speak for all schools in America but here, it has definitly got to do with the fact we are only one out of the two high schools in this town, thus making it understandble as to why everybody takes school pride very seriously because there really is only one enemy/opponent.

Over the week, there had been a theme or an event held on each particular day:

Monday had been dress-like-it's-the-2000s day and Mia, Grace and I had raided our moms' closet for the iconic juicy couture track suits they had worn in their mid 20s. Mia wore pink, I had worn dark blue and Grace wore green. In all honestly, us girls went all out on this day, with the year 2k sunglasses and the iconic 2000s hairstyles: me with the ends of my hair curled outwards, Mia with two bunches and lots of snazzy clips and Grace with the claw clip ponytail.

Tuesday had been school spirit day and banner competition day where we had come in wearing our school colours (purple and yellow). I had worn a very oversized purple t shirt and a yellow headband in my hair and this group of freshmen girls had won the competition. Let's just say Mia was not pleased with that.

Wednesday had been pyjama and movie night day. The girls and I, of course, had turned up in matching cow print onesies and they had showcased High school musical in the auditorium after school. The boys on this day gained themselves detention for being 'inappropriate' and got themselves dress coded due to the fact they had turned up to school in nothing but their boxer briefs, claiming that is what they considered pyjamas and quote on quote 'went to sleep in'. For the entire day everybody kept their distance from Lucas, Aidan and Dylan as they smelled musty as hell from the clothes that the were ultimately forced to wear by the school that I am pretty sure were from the lost and found box.

Now today was Thursday, tomorrow night was the homecoming football game and I was pumped. Banners were hung all across the school, the cheerleaders were adding the finishing touches to their routines and of course, Lucas, Dylan, Aidan and the rest of the 'Lakeside Lions' had been training hard in preperation for the upcoming season.

As for today, the student body had been given the choice of choosing the event or theme and of course everybody chose meme/vine day.

"Oh my God!" Grace gasps as I approach the girls Thursday morning. "HE-LLO DWAYNE THE FUCKING ROCK JOHNSON!"

I tip my head back and roar in laughter. "Yay you recognised it!"

"Of course we did bitch, what do take us for? Uncultured?" Mia continues, her eyes widened into saucers.

We had planned on not letting one another know what meme or vine we would be going as and I was so excited to see the rest of the groups' costumes. I had been waiting all week for today.

"As for you guys," I giggle, raking my eyes up and down Grace. Her colourful tutu, the bright pink bow in her hair and the iconic hairstyle are a huge give away. "Jojo freakin' siwa!"