Chapter 2 - We Meet Again

Chapter 2: We Meet Again

Anthony was making his morning rounds around the hospital, stopping in the lobby for a break. He saw a woman in pink and blue scrubs walking towards the front desk. She looked nervous, and lost. Her light brown-caramel colored hair was flowing down her back. He knew that beautiful hair anywhere. He hadn't saw HER since two years prior. Was it HER? She was smaller. She looked around, and he had to see...

"You looking for help Miss?" He asked her. She hesitantly turned around. His eyes widened as he saw it indeed was her. The same girl he'd been thinking of every day. Every since she came in pregnant that day. Anthony know he sounded crazy liking a pregnant lady, hell, he didn't know why, but he liked HER. He wanted HER.

She had this glow, she was beautiful. Her long hair danced around her shoulders then. It was so long now. She had these grey eyes, they bore into his heart and he couldn't get them out of his head. He couldn't get HER out of his head!

He thought she was beautiful then, but now, NOW she was stunning, beautiful, gorgeous, you name it. She was definitely smaller, and happier. He wanted HER! But, thing is, Anthony had a girlfriend. One he had been with for 6 months now. Strange enough, all of his thoughts about her, if there were any at all, had evaporated. Because SHE had arrived.

He noticed she mumbled something, looking dazed, but he couldn't make it out. He stood there taking in her beauty, waiting to hear her angelic voice. She stared at him, then opened her mouth, as she was about to speak, Kiara Tanner yelled "Selena!" Excitedly. Selena. Anthony thought, so that was her name.

Selena turned her head around. She recognized Kiara's voice from their brief conversation over the phone. She gave her a smile and saw her walking towards her. "Hi! Follow me to my office, we have a few things to discuss." She said motioning to a door made of glass. Selena nodded and walked beside her into her office. Anthony stood there for a minute longer watching her through the glass, then walked away before she could see him.

"Okay. I'm so glad to have you here! Now, there has been a few changes. Unfortunately, we are going through a very tight period financially, therefore the original salary has been reduced." Selena understood, she knew it wouldn't be a HUGE amount of money coming her way when she applied for the job.

"I understand." Selena said, and Kiara put her hand up. "Before you make decisions, let me continue. After taxes, you will end up with around $350 every other week." Now that got her attention. She felt like something was fishy. She knew people who worked at Walmart that earned more than that! This wasn't right. "And as you know, you are an intern." Kiara said folding her hands, placing them on her desk.

Selena shook her head. "No, Ms. Tanner, I applied as a RN." She said. Kiara gave an apologetic smile and told Selena, "I'm sorry you were mistaken. The position is an intern as a RN." Selena sat there just staring at Kiara. Should she continue with that type of pay? "If you don't want the job, I am very sorry, and I do understand." Kiara said. Selena shook her head. She needed all the money she get. She was planning to move out of Julie's place. She wanted to be able to call something her own.

"No, Ms. Tanner, I will take the job." Selena said with a smile. Kiara gave her a smile, happy she took the position. They shook hands, and she showed Selena around. The day had been going surprisingly well, and Selena couldn't be happier. She loved what she learned about being an RN, and the atmosphere was surprisingly upbeat and optimistic.

Around three, Selena was told her day was complete, and she could go home. Anthony was walking into the hospital from lunch, as Selena was walking out. He couldn't, no -- he wouldn't, let her pass him by this time. Selena's heart beat sped up as she passed him, giving him a courtesy smile, squeezing her hands together, trying to keep calm.