Chapter 1 - Need Help Miss?

2 years Later. . .

Chapter 1: Need Help Miss?

"Hello?" Selena answered the phone. Who was calling her? The only people she regularly talked to was Julie and Aliyah -- her sister. She didn't check the caller I.D, so now she was waiting for someone to say something back. "Hello, Ms. Montgomery?" The female voice asked. Selena's eyebrows furrowed. She didn't know who it was.

"This is she." Selena answered. "Who is this?" She asked, curious as to who was calling her phone. "Oh! Um, this is Kiara Tanner. I work here at Norshire Hospital. I was calling to let you know that after reviewing your résumé, and conducting your interview, we'd be more than happy if you'd join our team!" The enthusiastic lady said into the phone.

Selena's face brightened completely, and she was overjoyed. "Really? I mean, um, thank you so much!" She said into the phone jumping up down. The lady, Kiara, chuckled. "No problem. I will be your supervisor, and you start tomorrow. Please be prompt and dressed in your scrubs. Any color is fine. We need you here at 6:30 am on the dot! You got it?" She said. Selena nodded, forgetting she was on the phone.

"Oh, yes that is fine. See you soon Ms. Tanner. I look forward to working with you." She said with enthusiasm. "Me as well. Good day, Ms. Montgomery." Kiara said, and they said their goodbyes. Selena was so excited to be working again. She applied for the RN position 2 weeks before, interviewed, and was patiently waiting for a call back, and now she got it.

"Julie!" Selena screamed running out of her room to find her BestFriend. She ran into the living room seeing Julie's husband, Frank watch their son, Cory look over to Selena. "Auntie! I play with the fast cars! Why you smiling like that, TT? He asked. "That's good baby, Auntie is excited!" She said, picking him up. Frank smiled at Selena. He was wondering why she was so happy. Lately, she'd been so mopey and down.

"Well hello! Why is auntie excited?" He asked as she sat on the couch beside him. Julie walked in the room from the kitchen. "Who's excited?" She questioned. Selena smiled as she looked at the both of them, taking in their curious expressions. "Oh nothing, ya know. Just got a job. No biggie!" She said, trying to hide her excitement. Frank and Julie saw right pass it.

"Oh babe! I'm so happy for you!!!" Julie squealed, hugging Selena's neck. Frank clapped. "Congrats sis. You deserve it." He said smiling. Selena thanked them both, handing them over Cory. She went into her room, quietly closing the door. She walked to her closet, pulling out her mother's treasure chest. She ran her fingers over the engraving 'Soline Ann Montgomery' she missed her mom so much.

A warm tear ran down her cheek as she opened it. She pulled the pink and baby blue scrubs out of the treasure chest. Her mother was also a registered nurse, and Selena wanted nothing more than to follow in her foot steps. Her mother taught her everything she knew. She looked over to her sleeping daughter spread out on the bed.

"Mommy's gonna make you proud," she looked back down in her mother's treasured box of possessions. "Both of you. I love you mama." She said, wiping her tears. She was happy to be making her mom proud. She knew she was watching over her in heaven.

That night, Selena ironed and laid out her mother's scrubs along with some black work shoes. She was so excited to be working as a RN. It was her dream job, and she couldn't be happier. Weird enough, she felt as though her mother's absence wasn't as sad anymore, since she was moving in the same direction her mother was. Her mother adored Selena, and was ecstatic knowing she wanted to be just like her. Selena rested her head and drifted into a welcoming, peaceful sleep.

~Selena's Dream {In her P.O.V}~

"You feel so good baby, you're so soft." A distant voice said, rubbing my body. His lips brushed mine. I was in heaven. He continued to massage me, making me melt. I couldn't suppress the moans that escaped me. He touched me so gently, so careful. I felt tingles erupting all over, and as his hands caressed my hardened n!pples. I gasped as I began to feel the familiar moisture between my legs, trickling down my thighs. I looked up at the stranger. His face was blurry, but his eyes. They were so clear. His green eyes. . . . . . . . . . .

~End of dream~

Selena just lay there, slightly waking, breathing hard. Why was she dreaming of this mystery man? His mystery eyes??

BEEP BEEP BEEP

The alarm went off loudly, waking Semaya. She saw the light coming in slightly through the curtains. She looked over at her mother and wanted the notice to cease. "MOMMA! Too loud!" Semaya said, pushing her mother's side. Selena hit the 'snooze' button her alarm clock, and turned, facing Semaya. "Goodmorning baby girl." She said, playing her daughters golden hair.

"Hey mama, what we do today?" She asked excitedly, wondering what their day would consist of. Selena forgot she hadn't told her about her job. She bit need lip and tried to think if the best way to tell Semaya she won't be able to see her as often everyday. "Baby, mommy got a job! I get to fix people up and make them better." Selena said, hoping she'd understand.

Semaya's eyes brightened and she clapped. "Yay for mommy. Can I go too?" She asked with excitement. Selena smiled and shook her head. "No baby. You're going to Aliyah's house." She said and Semaya got excited. "Yay! Is Lyssa there too mommy?" She asked, and Selena nodded. Alyssa is Semaya's cousin, they're very close.

"Now, go get your toys and things together while mama gets ready." Semaya nodded and hopped off the small bed, and ran to her and Cory's playroom. Selena checked the clock. It was 5:12. She got into the tub, knowing she wouldn't take long. She aged back in the war, water. She took the loofa and put her favorite Strawberry-Vanilla body wash on it, and washed her body. Suddenly, she felt hands on her shoulders, kneading them.

The familiar roughness had her heart racing. She knew those hands. She felt them caress her neck. The mystery man, the man from her dreams. She knew it. Selena turned in the tub to see a blurred face, sitting on broad shoulders, and just like in her dreams, he had those same enticing eyes. Those eyes that captured her heart and soul. Who was he?!

"SELENA! It's 5:38! Girl get your ass out hogging the damn tub!" Julie yelled, growing impatient. She also needed to gets ready for work. Selena woke. She'd been dreaming again.'Damn, I need to hurry up!' She thought as she drained the water, and quickly dried herself off.

Selena moved like Speedy Gonzales trying to get dressed before she was late. She found Semaya dressed and eating an apple with a book bag at her feet. Selena smiled as she saw Frank eating an apple as well. Thank you big bro! I owe you one!" He hugged Selena and kissed her forehead. "No problem sis, now hurry before you're late. Good luck on your first day!" He said as she walked out the door. It was already 6:12.

At exactly 6:24, Selena was walking into the hospital, trying to find out where she should be. "You looking for help Miss?" Selena heard a familiar voice ask. She didn't know why, but she felt her body relax under his voice. She felt herself get, excited. She turned around and her heart beat increased as she and those green eyes connected. Mystery man had a face, and God, was it gorgeous. The most handsome face she'd ever seen.

"It's you." Selena mumbled.

_________________________

Do you like? Tell me your thoughts, and thanks so much for reading!!!