Chapter 16

"Peeta, what are you doIINNNNG?!?!" I yell as he pushes me into the lake.

"Having fun?" He smirks still standing on shore.

"No." I said flatly.

"Well why not? You look like it!" He says still smirking.

"Because you're not in here with me! And I'm still in my clothes." I say starting to walk out of the water to get Peeta to come in.

"Well that sucks because I'm not going in." He says backing away.

"Why not?!" I say pouting.

"Because... I'm not." He says. He is hiding something, I know it.

"What's the real reason?" I ask sitting down on the blanket.

"I cant... I don't like fish." Peeta says. He is a terrible liar.

"Peeta, just tell me."

"Katniss, I can't swim." He says sighing. WHAT?!

"Are you serious? How can you not swim? I'm going to teach you. Come on!" I say grabbing his hand, but he isn't getting up. "Please?!" He slowly gets up, but is hesitant.

We get into the water until it is knee deep and he stops.

"What are you doing? Why did stop?" I ask him.

"I'm scared." He says barley audible. I walk up to him and give him a hug.

"Listen babe. It takes a real man to say they are scared. I'm not going to pressure you to come any further." I tell him.

"This is why I love you." He has and kisses me.

"Oh shit, Peeta! What time is it?!" I say running out of the water. "3:25 AM?! We gotta go! I promised Prim I would be home by midnight!"

Peeta runs out and puts on his clothes and I do the same. We start running through the forest. I am quicker than Peeta is so I am slightly in front of him.

"Come on Peeta! We gotta go!" I say. I look down for one second and BAM, down I go. I hear a weird crunching sound and feel searing pain shoot up and down my leg. "OWWWW PEETA HELP!"

"Katniss! Are you O.K.?! Can you walk?" He asks catching up to me and catching his breathe. I try to stand up and immediately fall down in pain. This pain is too much to handle. I feel Peeta pick me up and start running. I don't care where we are going as long as this pain stops. I close my eyes and let the black take over me.

****

"Katniss? Can you hear me?" I hear Peeta say. I open my eyes and see white.

I nod my head and my leg starts to hurt. "What happened?" I ask.

"Well you fell in the woods and couldn't walk so I figured I should bring you here and you passed out on the way here. I guess you either broke or fractured your knee and severely sprained you ankle." He explains to me.

"I'm just a complete mess." I say as the doctor walks in.

"Ah, Miss Everdeen. Good to see you wake! Well I have some good and bad news for you! What would you like first?" The doctor says.

"Good please."

"Well you get to leave now! And the bad news is you tore a tendon in you knee and will need surgery. Also you fractured that as well. You will have to use crutches for the next month to keep pressure off of that." The doctor explains.

"Thank you doctor." I say as they give me my crutches to use.

Peeta and I start to walk to the elevator when Peeta looks at me and says, "come on gimp." And winks. I glare at him. But then giggle.

I finally found the one. He is defiantly the guy I want to spend the rest if my life with. I love him so much. I can't believe that this all happened because some bitch tripped me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So I'm not really sure where to go with this story anymore. I think I might be ending it soon. If you guys have any ideas then message me or comment! I would LOVE that :)

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, READ MY OTHER STORIES!! Love you guys!

~Jessica

P.s. 6891 READS! OMG I FELL OUT OF MY SEAT WHEN I SAW THAT!! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!.