Chapter 17

Peeta and I lay on the couch and just talk. We talk about the bakery, his father and brothers, Prim, my mother, about the stupidest things. We can be goofy around each other and don't care. That's what I love about him.

There is a knock at the door and I try to get up to get it but Peeta demands me to sit back down and put my leg up. I listen to him and he gets up and goes to the door. I hear talking and soon Gale rushes in and asks how I'm doing.

"Well I have to get home now. I will leave you two to catch up. I love you Katniss." Peeta says and gives me a quick kiss. "I will be back tomorrow morning to check on you." With that, he leaves.

"Katniss, I have something to tell you." Gale says cautiously.

"Okay? Tell me?" I say scared at what he is going to say.

"So I was in the woods earlier hunting when I saw you guys running. I was sure why you were running but I blew it off. I looked away for one second and when I turned back I saw Peeta stick his foot out and trip you. Now before you protest saying you don't believe me. Just hear me out." He say. I'm so mad that he would even think that Peeta would trip me.

"Okay, go on." I say impatiently.

"You remember that time when you, peeta, maddi, and I were all going to meet up in the meadow? Well when I got there I caught him kissing Maddi. He threatened me saying if I told you he would hurt me. He slit my arm. He told me he would do much worse damage if I said ANYTHING." He lifts up his sleeve and I see the scar. "Peeta has been lying to you this whole time. Please don't trust him."

I'm starting to believe what Gale is telling me. Peeta is a liar and can not be trusted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's short but I wanted to update and plus it midnight. I wanted to thank @smchbspf for the idea!

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, AND READ MY OTHER STORIES! Love you guys!

~jessssica