Ch. 4

"I'm sorry Katniss. I love you. I just can't help it." Peeta says, after I pull away from our kiss.

I look at the crowd of people and feel the tears of anger stream down my cheek. I take off running and run straight out of the school and head out to the meadow.

"Katniss! Katniss! Katniss!" Peeta yells. I can tell he is getting closer. I would prefer not to talk to him at the moment.

"Peeta, just go away! You embaressed me even more than I already was." I yell. He is now standing right behind me.

"Katniss, I never meant to hurt you. I truely am sorry. Please just give me a chance. If it doesn't work in a couple of days we can forget it ever happened. We don't even have to let anyone know."

I think for what seems like forever and wipe my tears. I smile and say, "Okay. Lets get back to school now."

"Thank you miss Katniss Everdeen! I love you so much!" He says then we walk back to school hand in hand.

When everyone sees us holding hands, I see people giving us questioning looks. I feel a pull on my arm then I'm forced to let go of Peeta's hand and follow the person who is pulling me. I look over to see who it is. Johanna. Of course.

"What do you want Johanna? I'm already pissed off at you as it is."

"We all want to talk to you. As in Haymitch, Finnick, Annie, and me."

I walk over my friends and they all glare at me. Finnick is the first to speak. "What the hell was that?"

"What was what?" I ask very confused.

"You and Peeta,"  Haymich says wiggling his eye brows. Haymitch has always been the perve of the group.

"Oh, about that...." I trail off.

"What happened? First you two are all lovey at your party then you ahte each other. And today you hate each other and now you guys are holding hands? I'm very confuzzled." Annie says. She isn't the smartest one in the group, but she is the one I can actually talk about things to.

"Listen guys. Peeta and I decide we were going to see if it works out. If it doesn't then we are going to act like nothing ever happened." I explain. "I really like him and he likes me so we are just going to try."

"I'm still confused." Annie says confidently.

"Peeta and I are dating." I say slowly to Annie. Peeta walks over and joins us. He wraps his arms around my waist from behind. "You guys met Peeta right?" They all nod. Hymitch is wiggling his eyebrows at us.

"Is there something wrong with Haymitch's eye bows?" Peeta whispers in my ear.

"No, he is just being a perve like always." I say loud enough for haymitch to hear. He glares at me and I giggle a little.

"Love you too, sweetheart." He says. Peeta gives me a sad look and I can see tears starting to form in his eyes.

"Sweetheart is Haymitch's nickname for me. He only calls me it to annoy me. That is what I was partically yelling about earlier." I explain. Peeta sighs in relief. "We better get to class before the bell rings."

Peeta and I walk into class holding hands and people still look confused. Madge (a friend I haven't talked to since 8th grade)  comes up to me and asks if we are dating. I nod my head and continue to my seat. Peeta of course sits by me. The bell rings just as we it down.

I'm thinking about taking a nap when I notice Peeta is writing a note.

*NOTE*

P: Hey babe <3

K: Hii cutiiie (:

P: Whats up with my beautiful new girlfriend?

K: what does it look like I'm doing? writing a note to you ! duhh.. (;

P: lol I figured that much! What happened in lunch?

K: Johanna. she just pushed me over the edge. She can be a bitch sometimes.

P: Ohh and I'm sorry about what happened. I really didn't mean it.

K: it's fine! don't worry about it <3 and I'm sorry about Haymitch. He didn't mean that stuff he was saying.

P: It's fine. why does he call you that anyways?

K: just to piss me off. He has called me that since 2nd grade. I will explain everything after school.

P: okay (: I have to work at the bakery right after school, but you can come help if you want. My dad loves when people help out!

K: sounds great! I have to tell Prim. but other than that sure ! I love you <3

P:Great! I love you more! <3

Peeta passes the note back to me right as the bell was about to ring. We walk out of class holding hands.

The rest of the day went pretty quick. After last period I walk to my locker and open it. I get my backpack and my purse, I do a quick hair and make-up check. Prim is now standing next to me with Rory waiting to walk him. Gale doesn't walk with us anymore since the fight.

"Hey Katniss!" Rory says giving me a hug.

"Hey bud, how are you?" I ask.

"Great! We are coming up on our two month anniversry!" He says, giving Prim a kiss.

"Ewwww!" I say, immitating a little kid. "But seriously guys, don't kiss in front of me. It grosses me out!"

"Fine" they both groan.

I shut my locker and feel arms wrap around me. "Peeta!" I say turning around to hug him. He leans in and kisses me.

Prim and Rory both yell "EWWWW!" imitating me. I turn around and smile.

"Wait I thought you and Peeta got in a fight today. Why are you guys all lovey dovey now?" Prim asks.

"We are dating now. Prim you and Rory walk home. I'm going to help in the bakery with Peeta." I explain, giving her a hug good-bye.

"But Katniss I thought you couldn't bake." Rory says.

"Shhhh.... He doesn't need to know that." I whisper pointing to Peeta who obviosly heard me because he is laughing. "Now you two go straight home. And Rory don't try anything funny! I have people who agreed to watch you guys walk home when I couldn't."

"Yes Katniss." they both groan and walk out of the school holding hands. Awh. They are so cute.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys sorry short chapter again. Vote, comment, share, enjoy (: Thanks!

~Jessica <333